DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro gimbal malfunction

Mykeee

Reactions
Has anyone else had this gimbal malfunction? If anyone can tell me why my gimbal suddenly started doing this I would appreciate it. Suddenly mid flight it flips back to point towards the rear of the drone so the video feed looks upside down. Sometimes during startup I get a gimbal error, but then I turn it off and on again a few times and it works fine for a bit. I did a gimbal calibration which took several tries before it succeeded. Has anyone else experienced this, and how can it be fixed?
(I edited this post to add the description of what happened during this flight).

Last edited:
So it's inconsistent? A calibration took several attempts?

My guess is that one of the three cable harnesses is loose. Did you have a hard landing?

So it's inconsistent? A calibration took several attempts?

My guess is that one of the three cable harnesses is loose. Did you have a hard landing?

It is inconsistent, but almost every time I start it up now it gives me the gimbal error and the gimbal seems to flip wildly up and down when trying to do it's initialization. I found that if I turn it off and then hold it upside down when I turn it on, the gimbal will be fine for the first little bit, but if the drone changes direction in the air suddenly, the gimbal will flip backwards and everything on the screen will look upside down. The first time that happened to me I thought for a moment that the drone was flying upside down for some reason!!!

No hard landings to speak of. I normally hand catch it now, but months ago I did have a bit of a mishap when I tried landing on the hood of my car and it only caught two legs on the hood and ended up falling to the ground and damaged a few props and cracked one of the rear lights slightly. That was the only mishap I have had and it has been flying perfectly for months after that and no gimbal problems until now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan