DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro Launch pad / Home point

Crusader

Reactions
While waiting on my combo, i thought lets make a play/launch pad for the guy so he will feel at home the day he arrives. And because the little bugger has short legs it's nice in tall grass and loose sand.
Dimensions 50x50 cm (19.69")

p5pb14100803.jpg

Last edited:
Oh i have already ordered one as i thought it would help the RTH system if it has something clear to record and track when it returns ... i like your design.

Hi Anthony,

You are right about that, it does help the RTH and prvents fine sand washing up into youre motors/bairings.
It's not a tall standing drone.

OK, I like that, does it roll up, and how large is it. Nice design, have you had one made yet. I see you have a copyright mark on it, has it actually been copyrighted? Or can I take this to my local sign shop and get one made :)

Thanks for the positive feedback,

Dimensions, 50x50cm or 19.69 x19.69 inch.
Thinking about some kind of heavy, roll and or foldable material that's easy to clean and can take a beating.

Not sure yet.
I'll post a pic. when it's finished.

Not actually copyrighted, feel free to use the design, if you leave my name on it i'll be honoured!

And please share a picture here if someone makes one to!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavic_Man504
Thanks for the positive feedback,

Dimensions, 50x50cm or 19.69 x19.69 inch.
Thinking about some kind of heavy, roll and or foldable material that's easy to clean and can take a beating.

Not sure yet.
I'll post a pic. when it's finished.

Not actually copyrighted, feel free to use the design, if you leave my name on it i'll be honoured!

And please share a picture here if someone makes one to!
If you can post a higher-res pic I can have one made at my friends sign shop, he makes signs from photo's all of the time.

Reactions: grizzard and jimbug
If you can post a higher-res pic I can have one made at my friends sign shop, he makes signs from photo's all of the time.

I'll look into that friday when i'm home again.

The jpeg picture in this post is taken frome an EPS file, this is a vector file so i hope i can bump up the resolution on the jpeg.

To be continued,

Reactions: F6Rider
@F6Rider,

This pic is 1024 x 1024 (the first pic was not square) which should be enough for an acceptable 50 x 50cm print.

Have fun with it and be sure to post the result!

p5pb14112526.jpg

Reactions: Ed Oz
My landing pad arrived today ....

Attachments

• 14782653324591238591023.jpg
    14782653324591238591023.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 224
Hey there, id like to also try out printing your launch pad on some kind of PVC foil. Could you please Upload a higher res Version (e.g. 2048 squared)? That'd be awesome!

Just sent my order out to the print shop, res. as above is good for 50 x 50 they say so be my guest to use it.

If you leave my name (alias) on it ill be honoured!

Design idea.jpg This is what I have designed for myself while I wait for my mavic.
I have my own sign writing business so I will print this when I get a minute.
The material I will use has a 5mm thick rubber base with a fabric surface which i can directly print onto.
The rubber will give a little bit of cushioning and it can be rolled up and will lie flat when opened out.

View attachment 836 This is what I have designed for myself while I wait for my mavic.
I have my own sign writing business so I will print this when I get a minute.
The material I will use has a 5mm thick rubber base with a fabric surface which i can directly print onto.
The rubber will give a little bit of cushioning and it can be rolled up and will lie flat when opened out.
Can you make a couple extra? I'd love to buy one of those.

Can you make a couple extra? I'd love to buy one of those.

Yeah I can make more if this one turns out well. I will post a picture of the finished results when I print mine in the week. I can always customise the design as well if anyone wants something different.

View attachment 836The material I will use has a 5mm thick rubber base with a fabric surface which i can directly print onto.

Nice one Reecey87, simple but effective!

Hope for you the 5mm thick rubber does not have memory when being rolled up for too long. But at least it's heavy enough to not blow away in a breeze, thats a plus.

That's the reason i'm printing it on 510gr pvc with ringed holes on all four corners for tent pegs.
I'm looking into small sandbags for on the corners in case the ground is to hard or paved.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121