DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Lost over dam

OK guys I have removed more post from this as another report came out of this . Now Bunny has done asked you to be civil and I am going to ask you to be civil . Please Think guys before you post .
THINK.jpg

File a claim. If you do nothing, then you are out the drone 100%. If you file a claim you odds go up to 50/50 at a minimum...

Don't be mad at DJI. They make a darn good product. However, if you are going to send a $1,000 piece of camera equipment hundreds of feet in the air and a kilometer or so out, you better be prepared to lose it or trash it at any given time. Every flight is a gamble. That's just the way the game works.
How do you figure? It’s designed for that. Do you buy a $30,000 car and figure it’s going to fall apart every time you hit 70 mph? Unreal logic.

File a claim and give DJI whatever details they want. As I've said elsewhere, I filed a claim under DJI Refresh expecting to have to pay up. It was DJI which said, after looking at my details, that they regarded it as a valid warranty claim because the drone had malfunctioned. Replacement appeared shortly afterwards.

Well, it's gone!
Flying my Mavic Pro over a local dam, capturing some flood and spillway vision, all going well.
Landed and changed the battery, ensured it was locked in correctly and took off again.
All was normal for a couple of minutes, then while climbing approximately 100m out, the vision just started tumbling and I lost signal. A member of the public safety said they saw it drop into the water....

Somehow, I always knew I the back of my mind the thing would get me in the end.
No more DJI for me, terrible support, the failed Android app, and now NO drone at all!
So long you DJI theives!!!

I had the same, 10 min after a new battery the drone flipped over and crash without apparent problem. You have a case - turn to DJI and show your flight log (if you used DJI GO).
BTW, I found same story with a VLOG lady at:
Something with the Mavic is wrong - DJI need to find why

Last edited:
Reactions: cb4017
DJI replaced my Mavic Pro ... they are very innovative gps driven drone company. All ways updating their software. That's what took my drone out of the air... logs are the only resolve and persistence. Good luck and no.. your not fully in control of any DJI drone.

Reactions: BrAinZ
My phantom 3 pro fell out of the sky, I also could fathom no reason, dji asked for the flight log then told me they would be repairing free of charge. If I have any ***** with them it would be the pain I've gone through with software upgrades bricking the pro 3. So far on the mavic it's been painless...... Perhaps I shouldn't jinx things by making that comment :cool:

Reactions: Pdxpaul
Don't be mad at DJI. They make a darn good product. However, if you are going to send a $1,000 piece of camera equipment hundreds of feet in the air and a kilometer or so out, you better be prepared to lose it or trash it at any given time. Every flight is a gamble. That's just the way the game works.

I'm glad this isn't the motto of Delta, United Airlines, Jet Blue, Southwest and others... :cool:Thumbswayup

Oh, that's a real help.... Not!!!
But thank for your concern all the same.
My $1600aud is now in a lake through no fault of mine, it's never been able to perform as designed from day one using the POS Android app.
Definitely NOT a good value for money unit.
Yes, I've been able to take some nice vision with it, but there have been MANY times where I've missed a shot because it wouldn't take off, or the app crashed and the restart took too long.

Besides which, It was 70m out and 46m up in light wind with no obstructions or birds etc.... Hardly a risky flight other than the water being beneath.

Please keep your negative vibes to yourself. I hope your drone continues to fly.

I bought an ipad because the Android app sucks so badly. I've contacted DJI until I was blue in the face with my "supported" Android device and 0 help or answers. Best bet is if you are gonna use DJI Go 4 buy an Apple Product. I'm not a fanboy in anyway, I have all Android stuff, I strictly use that ipad for flying my Mavic, nothing else, since owning an Apple device to me is akin to instantly putting on a pair of handcuffs. But it works perfectly for DJI Go 4 I'll give it that.

Reactions: BrAinZ and grinder
How do you figure? It’s designed for that. Do you buy a $30,000 car and figure it’s going to fall apart every time you hit 70 mph? Unreal logic.
[QUOTE="JManges said:
Don't be mad at DJI. They make a darn good product. However, if you are going to send a $1,000 piece of camera equipment hundreds of feet in the air and a kilometer or so out, you better be prepared to lose it or trash it at any given time. Every flight is a gamble. That's just the way the game works.[/QUOTE]

If DJI put that on their site they'd go outta business overnight. lol

Well, it's gone!
Flying my Mavic Pro over a local dam, capturing some flood and spillway vision, all going well.
Landed and changed the battery, ensured it was locked in correctly and took off again.
All was normal for a couple of minutes, then while climbing approximately 100m out, the vision just started tumbling and I lost signal. A member of the public safety said they saw it drop into the water....

Somehow, I always knew I the back of my mind the thing would get me in the end.
No more DJI for me, terrible support, the failed Android app, and now NO drone at all!
So long you DJI theives!!!

I am not sure if your Mavic is still under warranty but it is certainly worth contacting DJI support and opening a case. You will be able to supply your flight records from your phone which appear to show that maybe a motor, a prop or the battery failed. You can also upload your flight to PhantomHelp and have a look at the the flight there which will help indicate if anything occurred with a battery cell. It is a strange one because it does not appear to fall straight down as the flight record shows it travelling another 29mts before it hit the water. That sort of looks like it may be a prop or motor failure.
Just a little bit of advice, be nice when dealing with DJI and you might be pleasantly surprised with their help.

Last edited:

I use the same logic. Every mission may be the last.

This is a complex combination of hardware/software that lacks the same rigorous testing one would expect for manned aircraft or any other device designed to transport humans.

If any one of a thousand variables changes mavic can fall out of the sky. While it tends to be pilot error the majority of the time, there are a fair number of mavics that fall out of the sky for reasons that are not the fault of the pilot.

Something weird happened to me a few days ago. I struggled to calibrate the gimbal as I kept getting the motor overload message even though no gimbal lock was in place. That took about 10 mins to sort out. I then took off for a regular flight and something interesting happened on my return. It was in RTH mode with the side switch toggled to sports when it stopped half way with a jolt. I lost the video feed and when it returned my camera was pointing 30 degrees up. I adjusted the camera, switched to p mode, and initiated RTH again. Returned fine but wondered if it had tried to reset itself whilst airborne?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki