DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max power issue resulting MM crash!

Rex Peters

Reactions
I had a max power issue and resulted in my MM crashing. I’m not sure if the file I have attached is the one you experts can read or not. If it’s not please let me know. If it is correct, great!! Please take a look and tell me what you think.
Appreciate your assistance.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-01-24_[15-42-54].txt
    459.9 KB · Views: 16
Hi Rex Peters,

Even if this is a new thread we still need the correct .DAT file in order to diagnose further as said in your other thread ... The .DAT in question is FLY088.DAT

Here's how to find it ...

LOG FILE RETRIEVAL :

Mobile device DAT files (DJI GO 4 & DJI Fly)

The DAT file naming convention, based on the date and time of the start of the file, is: YY-MM-DD-hr-min-sec_FLYXXX.DAT., where XXX is the flight recorder file index from the HOME_dataRecorderFileIndex field in the txt log.

These are retrieved by the same method as the TXT logs. Under both iOS and Android they are in a subfolder, MCDatFlightRecords, in the folder that contains the TXT logs. In some cases, for reasons not fully explained but possibly mobile-device hardware related, and most often under Android, DAT files are not created and that folder is empty. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app sometimes fixes that. One user also found that the process required manual deletion of the app folder (apparently not deleted automatically in the uninstall process) before reinstalling the app.

Reactions: sar104
Hi Rex Peters,

Even if this is a new thread we still need the correct .DAT file in order to diagnose further as said in your other thread ... The .DAT in question is FLY088.DAT

LOG FILE RETRIEVAL :

The DAT file naming convention, based on the date and time of the start of the file, is: YY-MM-DD-hr-min-sec_FLYXXX.DAT., where XXX is the flight recorder file index from the HOME_dataRecorderFileIndex field in the txt log.

These are retrieved by the same method as the TXT logs. Under both iOS and Android they are in a subfolder, MCDatFlightRecords, in the folder that contains the TXT logs. In some cases, for reasons not fully explained but possibly mobile-device hardware related, and most often under Android, DAT files are not created and that folder is empty. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app sometimes fixes that. One user also found that the process required manual deletion of the app folder (apparently not deleted automatically in the uninstall process) before reinstalling the app.
Ok I understand. For some reason I did not have the day folder so I deleted the app and reinstalled it. I have that folder now but unfortunately it’s empty. I tried to resync the .dat files but only today’s was there. But at least I know how to do it next time ..... and hopefully there isn’t a reason to post my flight log. I really appreciate the excellent instructions and patience with this old fart.

Hi,

I had the same issue or at least quite similar issue. I hope it's ok to join the thread... (let me know if it's better to open a new one next time)

I'm new to flying drones and I was flying with propeller guards on. I got several max power issues, but I still tried the selfie modes. It stopped and I got the 20% battery warning. I canceled RTH as I was next to the start point anyway and wanted to get it manually down. It was hovering in place and then went down without me doing anything. Luckily nothing seems to be broken, but I'm still worried.

Thanks for any analysis!

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-01-18_[11-04-15].txt
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • 20-01-18-11-03-41_FLY009.DAT
    6.4 MB · Views: 10
OK, sorry for hijacking, I'll open a new one for the new case.

New thread for my issue:

Last edited:
Reactions: WooZie
Except that for some reason that thread, even though it was the original thread and had many more posts, has been locked.

It's due to the fact the OP has now created three posts on this subject. I have a hunch the first one was moved to the Mavic Crash & Flyaway Assistance forum and he did not realize it was moved. He last posted in that thread at 2:43 p.m. server time, then created this post at 3:32 p.m. The other thread was locked at 3:41 p.m. That does not include the first thread that was locked since the author created the second post.

Can everyone just stop and take a breath here?

Rex,
People will be glad to review your files. That said, you'll need to post the correct files. Instructions have been provided.

I note that you're indicating you no longer have the log files. Without that information I would suggest this thread be closed as any information provided would be speculation.

Sorry you had the crash.

Last edited:
Hi Rex Peters,

LOG FILE RETRIEVAL :

Ok I understand. For some reason I did not have the day folder so I deleted the app and reinstalled it. I have that folder now but unfortunately it’s empty. I tried to re-sinc
It's due to the fact the OP has now created three posts on this subject. I have a hunch the first one was moved to the Mavic Crash & Flyaway Assistance forum and he did not realize it was moved. He last posted in that thread at 2:43 p.m. server time, then created this post at 3:32 p.m. The other thread was locked at 3:41 p.m. That does not include the first thread that was locked since the author created the second post.

Can everyone just stop and take a breath here?

Rex,
People will be glad to review your files. That said, you'll need to post the correct files. Instructions have been provided.

I note that you're indicating you no longer have the log files. Without that information I would suggest this thread be closed as any information provided would be speculation.

Sorry you had the crash.
[/QUOTE
I agree. Sorry for all the fuss. I don’t do social media so even being on a forum is strange for me. I’ll learn.
Cheers

Ok I understand. For some reason I did not have the day folder so I deleted the app and reinstalled it. I have that folder now but unfortunately it’s empty. I tried to re-sinc
Sorry Rex ... but the .DAT files isn't synced with DJI servers so even that you get the .TXT logs back in your phone the .DAT is gone.

I hope this is a thread to continue in. I am new to drone flying and just went back from Bali (32 degrees) had som fun with the MM it flew pretty good. Had a notice that engines were maxed but thought they were over heated flying for almost 20 min in the sunset. Came back to Stockholm, Sweden with 0-2 degrees. I took it out and did all IMU and Compass calibrations and it worked good. Got som messages about a zone in the city and about 10k from the airport. Put flight level to 30m...When I was starting and trying to do the app-assisted take off it seems like the front engines were overpowering the rear. Result was a tilt and rear propellers touched the ground and MM shut down. I tried again but the issue w back engines working too weak and resulting in NO Take off. Anyone hade the same?

Attachments

• Tornestam_MM.png
    Tornestam_MM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
I hope this is a thread to continue in. I am new to drone flying and just went back from Bali (32 degrees) had som fun with the MM it flew pretty good. Had a notice that engines were maxed but thought they were over heated flying for almost 20 min in the sunset. Came back to Stockholm, Sweden with 0-2 degrees. I took it out and did all IMU and Compass calibrations and it worked good. Got som messages about a zone in the city and about 10k from the airport. Put flight level to 30m...When I was starting and trying to do the app-assisted take off it seems like the front engines were overpowering the rear. Result was a tilt and rear propellers touched the ground and MM shut down. I tried again but the issue w back engines working too weak and resulting in NO Take off. Anyone hade the same?

Hi. Welcome to the world of dones and the forum.

Please start your own thread. It's against the rules to hijack someone else's thread with your own issues. It will be better for you as this will likely not get much attention in this thread.

Reactions: Tornestam
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive