DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Meanwhile in Australia - Collecting Snags With Drones.

Kymadn

Reactions
Just thought I would share this cracker of a story with all the international members of this forum. The story goes a few months back and was all over the media for weeks.

We have hardware stores across Australia called Bunning's. They are well renowned for succulent $2 sausage sizzles, also known as snags. So this Aussie dude decided to fly his drone over to the local hardware store to pickup a juicy snag one weekend.

He ended up posting the video of his voyage on social media. The video went viral and it wasn't long before the media got hold of the trending story. Consequently it caught the attention of CASA (Civil Aviation Safety Authority). The pilot of the drone shortly received a letter from CASA facing the possibility of a fine up to $9,000. In true Aussie spirit a bunch of blokes got together and created an online fundraiser to raise money to pay the fine. The Pilot ended up receiving a final letter from CASA to pay a $500 fine, and everyone lived happily ever after.

Full Story:
Man faces $9000 fine for using a drone to pick up a Bunnings sausage

Last edited:
Reactions: Dronedown
Great storey bro, let me clear a few things up for you.
Casa ended up pressing one charge for flying to close to public @ $900
The go fund me basically paid for the fine.
The council also took him to court for no permit for deck spa and no spa fence.
They also just released another video, VB slab drone delivery!
How do I know? Maybe it was me

Reactions: Kymadn
Collecting fast food with a drone and filming the whole escapade is neve a good idea

Especially when you get called out on its authenticity, leads to member bans and some serious keyboard warrioring (made up word)

Classic thread that one was

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan