DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Military Aviation style Mavic Pro operators checklist

dieselwind

Reactions
Hi all,

Long time lurker here. I have noticed quite a bit of requests/posts related to checklists for the Mavic. I am an active duty helo pilot in the Army, and believe it or not, many of us are really into drones although we are in the air ourselves almost daily.

Anyway, here is a compilation checklist I made in the same format of the checklists we use to start up our helos. It's a PDF, and I have a word document. I consider this open source, so modify as you would like. My email address is on page two also if anyone wants to contact me directly with suggestions.

Cheers

Edit: Updated with "Gimbal clamp removal" added.

Updated 22 July 2017 16:31 - changed steps to reflect "transmitter - turn on" prior to "Mavic Pro - turn on"

Updated 23 July 2017 12:44 - word doc added as zip file (would not accept .doc or .docx)

Updated 23 July 2017 15:03 - added compass calibration note.

Updated 23 July 2017 17:26 - uploaded tablet/phone friendly PDF.

Attachments

• MAVIC PRO CL VER 1.02.zip
    138.7 KB · Views: 348
  • MAVIC PRO CL VER 1.03.pdf
    212.5 KB · Views: 749
  • MAVIC PRO CL (Tablet Friendly) VER 1.04.pdf
    216.7 KB · Views: 722
Last edited:
@dieselwind VERY COOL, only item you "missed" in pre flight and I wasn't going to say anything until it showed up in after landing section, is to remove gimbal CLAMP after removing gimbal cover.. Otherwise Awesome... will print a copy just because. Thanks.

Reactions: dieselwind
@dieselwind VERY COOL, only item you "missed" in pre flight and I wasn't going to say anything until it showed up in after landing section, is to remove gimbal CLAMP after removing gimbal cover.. Otherwise Awesome... will print a copy just because. Thanks.

Yes. You are correct, I did forget the gimbal clamp removal. Thanks for catching that!

@dieselwind , lol, no problem, like I said, its a very cool list and Complete list... I also only brought it up because I have been, Uh Hem, guilty of forgetting the clamp....OOPS, LOL

@dieselwind , lol, no problem, like I said, its a very cool list and Complete list... I also only brought it up because I have been, Uh Hem, guilty of forgetting the clamp....OOPS, LOL
Haha so have I, which is why I need to go ahead and add it :)

Reactions: Varekai
Hi all,

Long time lurker here. I have noticed quite a bit of requests/posts related to checklists for the Mavic. I am an active duty helo pilot in the Army, and believe it or not, many of us are really into drones although we are in the air ourselves almost daily.

Anyway, here is a compilation checklist I made in the same format of the checklists we use to start up our helos. It's a PDF, and I have a word document. I consider this open source, so modify as you would like. My email address is on page two also if anyone wants to contact me directly with suggestions.

Cheers
Thanks, really useful (and professionally produced) checklist. Surprised to hear that helo pilots are into drones. Thought you guys had the ultimate rotor-powered flying machine to play with all day! ;)

Thanks, really useful (and professionally produced) checklist. Surprised to hear that helo pilots are into drones. Thought you guys had the ultimate rotor-powered flying machine to play with all day! ;)

You would be surprised how many of us have these. A lot of us get our UAS commercial ticket added on also.

I just completed unmanned aircraft SOGs for our fire department and will use this document for our pre flight checklist.

Thanks!

Great list! Thanks. Please upload the updated list with the Gimbal Lock on it!

I updated the file. Step 6 in preflight should now say remove gimbal security clamp.
Thanks. I love check lists. I'm a Rebreather Pilot and live by my checklist... or die due to skipping a step.

I signed up to this forum just to download your checklist. Thanks. Looks good but should you not always start the controller first and then the mavic? In the checklist it's mavic first.

I signed up to this forum just to download your checklist. Thanks. Looks good but should you not always start the controller first and then the mavic? In the checklist it's mavic first.
Could be. I'd have to look. That's why I posted it here to get feedback. I'll probably update it this afternoon and post the update. Thanks!

Could be. I'd have to look. That's why I posted it here to get feedback. I'll probably update it this afternoon and post the update. Thanks!

That's interesting.

I tend to start mavic first, because it takes so long to acquire satellites.

I let it do its thing while I unfold the controller and fire up the iPad.

This seems like the most efficient method.

That's why I posted it here to get feedback.
I can't get my tablet to sync (Galaxy S2 8) unless I follow this order: Controller => UAS => Tablet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS