DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MINI 2 DOWN

360 Guy

Reactions
Plowed into a tree last night, 100 foot up.
Tried a couple tree service people (still waiting). I know where it is in the tree by scopping it.
The way I figure it, it may cost approx, $200+for a climber, so if I chalk it up for loss, I can put $200 to a new one.

Question: If I can buy just the mini 2 drone can the original controller be mated to it?

TIA

Reactions: New England Droning
Yes , you can get the drone alone without the controller, if you cannot find it on amazon you can contact DJI for a link for the direct drone purchase.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Last edited:
Reactions: New England Droning
DJI Care Refresh?

Tried a couple tree service people (still waiting). I know where it is in the tree by scopping it.
The way I figure it, it may cost approx, $200+for a climber, so if I chalk it up for loss, I can put $200 to a new one.

Question: If I can buy just the mini 2 drone can the original controller be mated to it?

TIA
Yes. With the same process you used to pair the controller and drone when you first started it.

May the weather be windy and your Mini 2 find a soft place to hit.

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Yes , you can get the drone alone without the controller, if you cannot find it on amazon you can contact DJI for a link for the direct drone purchase.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain. Land on the Water.
Sadly, the DJI "drone alone" replacement purchase price is often higher than the retail replacement with a new controller and all the accessories. Often just better to buy another. CostCo sells it with an extra battery and bag for $439.99 with 90 day return privileges, so, if you get your original back intact within 90 days, you can return the new one to CostCo. Free 90 day rent to own! 🤣

I thank you for all the replies, heart warming it is.
Yes sir, gravity & wind did it's thing.
GOOD NEWS, the drone Gods were on my side, big time.
Wife and I went back to check and the property owner saw me walk up the drive to his garage.
His words were..........."I found your drone" and he carried it out and handed me (unbelieavable) an unscaved drone, I reall mean "unscaved"............wheeew!
Talk about a happy camper..............ME, Woooooohooo!
On fast scan, not a nick on the props nor the body as well, WOW!

Seriously people, I didn't sleep well last night with my total pilot error on my mind and downed drone.
I'm a green horn in as, I've been flying for approx. 3 years and should have known better to plow into a tree............live and learn.

The next step in the morning will be a 100% scan and check, top to bottom, front to back.
Till then, I remain a Mini 2 pilot for now, then and only then a close proximity test flight or two.

Happy flying all..............happy days are here again!

Mine hit an evergreen 5 ft up but it didn't stay there... dropped onto pavement... not good. Broken Gimbal and props and battery door. I sent it off to DJI and $164 to repair (7-day turnaround time), they sent a whole new drone. I did lose the skin I had on it but I can fly again...

TIA
I paid $100 to a tree guy to rescue my Mini-2 from a tree once. I'll see if I can dig up the video that I took of him performing the rescue.

Sadly, the DJI "drone alone" replacement purchase price is often higher than the retail replacement with a new controller and all the accessories. Often just better to buy another. CostCo sells it with an extra battery and bag for $439.99 with 90 day return privileges, so, if you get your original back intact within 90 days, you can return the new one to CostCo. Free 90 day rent to own! 🤣
Costco has that deal at $399.99 right now.
Sorry for your predicament, but your title should have read, “Mini 2 UP”.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Would a drone hung up in a tree, unrecoverable, qualify for DJI fly-away coverage?

Still showing $439.99 at my link above online.
Is that an "in store" price?
I went to Costco this morning (Aug 19th) and since I own a Mini 2, I always look to see if they are still for sale and how many they seem to have. The display puts "Pick Up" cards on the display and after you pay for it, you go to the "Cage," turn in your card and receipt and you receive you "new baby…"

My Newport News, VA, Costco still has plenty and the price is $439.99 (what I paid for mine…) and I am on-line now and the price is the same, on-line or in store…

The thing about Costco are their "Treasure Hunts" where they move displays around so the customer "gets to go on a treasure hunt" looking for the item they want and the store hopes you'll see something else "you cannot live without…" Some folk hate this (when I'm in a rush, it's a pain…), but I jokingly call it "musical displays…"

So, if you go to Costco and the Mini 2 display is not where it was the last time, go look for the display's new location and be glad you are not looking for it in a tree or in long grass…

I never saw the "399.99" price reported by PHZ.

I went to Costco this morning (Aug 19th) and since I own a Mini 2, I always look to see if they are still for sale and how many they seem to have. The display puts "Pick Up" cards on the display and after you pay for it, you go to the "Cage," turn in your card and receipt and you receive you "new baby…"

My Newport News, VA, Costco still has plenty and the price is $439.99 (what I paid for mine…) and I am on-line now and the price is the same, on-line or in store…

The thing about Costco are their "Treasure Hunts" where they move displays around so the customer "gets to go on a treasure hunt" looking for the item they want and the store hopes you'll see something else "you cannot live without…" Some folk hate this (when I'm in a rush, it's a pain…), but I jokingly call it "musical displays…"

So, if you go to Costco and the Mini 2 display is not where it was the last time, go look for the display's new location and be glad you are not looking for it in a tree or in long grass…

I never saw the "399.99" price reported by PHZ.
Yes, it's impossible to check "in store" prices without going to the store or calling. The online price is at least easily verifiable at all times. Sometimes, the store prices are cheaper, especially on large items involving shipping, as CostCo usually includes free shipping in the online prices.

You will see me posting this here now and then. Altitude...altitude......Get above the tree, fences, houses. I never go below 200 feet unless I am landing.

TIA
Yes

You will see me posting this here now and then. Altitude...altitude......Get above the tree, fences, houses. I never go below 200 feet unless I am landing.
Essentially, it is Line of Sight. The altitude is irrelevant, as long you maintain clear, unobstructed LOS. Your RC altitude is far more important then the drone altitude in that respect. From higher ground, you can fly very low to the ground below you, as long as there are no intervening obstructions.

Reactions: LoudThunder

One thing nice about the desert, other than power lines, everything is pretty much less than 30-40 feet tall. You have to be in an established area (older community) with irrigation to get trees much larger than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan