DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 iOS FCC mod feedback

Baldavenger

Reactions
Just looking for advice/feedback with regards to using some sort of FCC mod on my iPad DJI Fly app (for Mini 2).

I know that there's a few different options out there, so I was wondering which one would be the easiest to
implement, which one is best value for money (if not free), and so on.

All experiences and opinions welcome, and any advice will be appreciated. I'm still learning about the whole
transmitter signal strength thing, but, from what I gather, the extra boost the FCC mode brings is well
worth pursuing.

So yeah, which mod/approach would you recommend, and why?

I’m also interested.
For ios I have seen a couple of alternatives, Florin (25€) and gb160.GitHub (17£/year)
I’m not sure about what these mods can do, I can do myself an Xcode gps spoof which enables fcc on mini 2, but then your location is not the good one in case of RTH.
Are those mods something different, or just wasted money?

Being in an urbanized area with max height allowed 45m I’m looking for a way to increase signal strength

I guess it would depend on your set-up, which of the two options are best suited.

gb160 option is cheaper, and I believe that price also includes AirSense (whereas it's a separate payment with Florin). However, it requires a jailbroken device, otherwise it need to be signed once a week (free), or for the year at an expense (which I don't know). Florin includes the signing for a year.

So, if you have a Mavic Air 2 (with AirSense) and a jailbroken device, then gb160 seems the obvious and best value choice.

If you have a Mini 2, and a device that isn't jailbroken (and you would prefer not to mess about with Xcode and Apple Developers Certificate), the the Florin option makes sense (last I heard it was 22€ for just the FCC mod).

Would be interesting to hear feedback from those who have availed of either option.

Waiting on Florin at the moment but I am not interested in more range but more stability even at shorter distance ... 500m is the limit anyway for VLOS locally

Is Florin only available in the FB group? I deleted my FB account some months ago and I was wondering if there’s a way to contact him by mail without being part of that FB group..

The best option and the free one is to download the modded app from older version, run that app and start the drone then kill the app and just re-start the latest version app. That way the fcc is working as normal and stays activated, plus the airsense works too

I guess it would depend on your set-up, which of the two options are best suited.

gb160 option is cheaper, and I believe that price also includes AirSense (whereas it's a separate payment with Florin). However, it requires a jailbroken device, otherwise it need to be signed once a week (free), or for the year at an expense (which I don't know). Florin includes the signing for a year.

So, if you have a Mavic Air 2 (with AirSense) and a jailbroken device, then gb160 seems the obvious and best value choice.

If you have a Mini 2, and a device that isn't jailbroken (and you would prefer not to mess about with Xcode and Apple Developers Certificate), the the Florin option makes sense (last I heard it was 22€ for just the FCC mod).

Would be interesting to hear feedback from those who have availed of either option.
Just an FYI mate, I used to provide the app signed but its too risky as Apple can/have/and will pull the plug on any developer account reported to them that is doing this, as it's against their Ts and Cs.
What this means to the user is the app won't launch anymore.

It's much safer for the end user to arrange signing themselves so this cannot happen, it's really not difficult, if anyone has any questions regarding this feel free to drop me a PM.

non esiste una mod per androide? che non sia dh?
Senza dover sempre mantenere attiva la connessione dati?
traduttore - Cerca con Google
there is no mod for android? that is not dh?
Without always having to keep the data connection active?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78