DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missed Delivery of MM

I order from FDS a MM last Saturday and I pay priority and i get it on Monday without signature no issues.
By the way, thank you FDS for your quick response and shipping.

I ordered a MM Fly More kit from Florida Drone Supply, it was shipped quickly and was attempted to deliver today very fast shipping. However since I was not advised that it wa Signature Required I must now wait until tomorrow and drive 20 miles to pick it up a Post Office. needless to say I am very unhappy and have told FDS of my displeasure. sorry for the rant but I was ready to try to fly
We apologize that you are unhappy with the situation, I believe you spoke with Janelle yesterday and she explained why a signature was required. We understand your frustration and hope that this does not prevent you from doing business with us in the future.

I completely understand why some companies require signature confirmation, especially for more expensive packages. I also completely understand the frustration of not being able to be home to sign for a package. I work M-F 8-5, so basically I'm never home when anything is delivered.

For future reference: USPS, UPS, and FedEx all have the ability to digitally sign/release a package as long as you have an account and have verified your address and personal information. This also allows you to give instructions to the delivery person if you would prefer the package delivered to somewhere other than your front door. Do keep in mind that releasing the package this way does remove any liability from the shipper and shipping company if it were to be stolen once delivered.

Reactions: zeusfl and Capt KO
I completely understand why some companies require signature confirmation, especially for more expensive packages. I also completely understand the frustration of not being able to be home to sign for a package. I work M-F 8-5, so basically I'm never home when anything is delivered.

For future reference: USPS, UPS, and FedEx all have the ability to digitally sign/release a package as long as you have an account and have verified your address and personal information. This also allows you to give instructions to the delivery person if you would prefer the package delivered to somewhere other than your front door. Do keep in mind that releasing the package this way does remove any liability from the shipper and shipping company if it were to be stolen once delivered.
Be aware that the shipper can disable the digital predelivery signing option. Got a package coming today like that from UPS.
If you can’t be home you can reschedule or select to pick up at the carrier’s office near you.

20 miles to pick up your drone and you complain holy cow I have to drive 17 miles to get a qt of milk or anything that need to be bought at a grocery store

Be aware that the shipper can disable the digital predelivery signing option. Got a package coming today like that from UPS.
If you can’t be home you can reschedule or select to pick up at the carrier’s office near you.
I have run into that a few times, and it grinds my gears. I have to drive an hour each way to get to the FedEx or UPS shipping centers, which is pretty rough. They won't hold at either of the small local shops. If I want to release the package and assume liability, why should the shipper care? Sorry, just venting frustration over my last experience. haha

Did you have the package tracking information beforehand? If so, that should have shown a signature was required. FYI for the future if you haven't been reviewing your package tracking information.
I also had tracking turned on for the delivery and knew within an hour window of when it would be delivered. This isn’t the first drone (11) I have received and they have all required a signature. Enjoy the drive and enjoy your drone from FDS.

no problem at 72 i am not far behind you ,my drone was pre ordered direct from DJI on the 30th october it was released on the 11th november and arrived on my doorstep on the 18th of november , so we all have different experiences
Also 72 and holding.....
dang how I wish these things were around 36 years ago? Imagine what will be here in the Next 36 years???‍♂️?

I think so too Mori55. Some of these guys on this forum think they smell like roses and have a holier than thou attitude. I don’t want to mention names. But I block those fools.

I’d be super pissed too. I’ve missed several shipments that require signatures. Most of the time they get delivered to the ups store a block away, so its a non issue.

In fact, today, ups couldn’t find the package on their truck when they showed up. They had to come back a couple hours later.

don’t worry what these haters think. They rousted me for trying to sell something in this forum too.

Reactions: old man mavic
If you register an account with USPS you can remove the signature requirement at your discretion

I think the real beef is not so much that signature is required, but that the recipient was not made aware anywhere in the process that it was required.
I was thinking of having the post office hold my package or be at their door when they open but they open late and close early on Saturdays and little time between shipping status of arriving at post office and put for delivery.

If you register an account with USPS you can remove the signature requirement at your discretion
FedEx offers the same service but they mail you a card, you sign it and send it back. Much like a bank signature card in the old days. PayPal used to do the same thing to verify your registered address. Don’t know how they do it now.

FedEx offers the same service but they mail you a card, you sign it and send it back. Much like a bank signature card in the old days. PayPal used to do the same thing to verify your registered address. Don’t know how they do it now.
This could easily be done by email

Could have really had fun with these in Vietnam ‘67-68
Our boys in Afghan have them but I don't know if they're having fun. ??
Didn't have to go to Nam cuz I was 18 with 2 kids when I got drafted. Thank you for your service, I was Merchant Marine.

Our boys in Afghan have them but I don't know if they're having fun. ??
Didn't have to go to Nam cuz I was 18 with 2 kids when I got drafted. Thank you for your service, I was Merchant Marine.
The times our little patrol boat pulled alongside the MM ships out in VungTau harbor are a treat to remember. Yall treated us steak dinners and unbelievable hospitality. We would return the favor by bringing large sea bass we’d “catch” by throwing concussion grenades in the water. 4 and 5 ft fish were very common. Never killed any slopes but all kinds of sea life floated up. ??‍♂️???‍♂️

Reactions: Capt KO

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky