DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing plastic piece from rear left propeller arm

locotenentu

Reactions
Hello.

Where can I find this piece to purchase. DJI wants me to send them the whole drone for repair, but it looks like its an easy fix.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8138.JPG
    IMG_8138.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 130
Not sure you'll find just that piece for sale. You can buy the entire rear left arm here on Amazon.

Yah I don't think it's worth changing now. I may as well just tape it probably not going to have any issues with it, was just wondering if anyone knew what that piece is called or if it's sold online anywhere.

Apparently those pieces have been replaced (by credit card material) to stiffen the front arms and prevent the props from hitting the body. I know your area of concern is the rear arm, but maybe this will help you, too:

Yah I don't think it's worth changing now
Yeah, I wouldn't replace the entire arm. I was thinking you could harvest that missing piece from a new arm.

I think you can find some useful info here:

Reactions: fificap
What is missing here is the foam filling of the arm, the pupose of which is tp prottect the cables inside and the give a little stability tot he three walls of the arm. Find a lightweight water resistant foam and snipple a fitting part similar to the other arm arm. Carfully scratch the surplus glue out and use a little hot glue to fix it. That's what I would try.

Reactions: Nonprophet
What is missing here is the foam filling of the arm, the pupose of which is tp prottect the cables inside and the give a little stability tot he three walls of the arm
Actually, it's a hard piece of plastic. Only the front arms contain foam.

Reactions: pelagic_one
What happened? Looks like some grass stains and a few motor strikes.
Something that I didn't know before is that when the battery gets down to 20% the return to home is activated automatically and if you don't pay attention to the screen to cancel it it will start to well return to home... so it through a few tree branches on the way up and me trying to control it. The funny thing is that that piece was still there, so I take it then to a nice open field to fly it and it gets lost in flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d