DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing top sensor red cover

Joestefano

Reactions
I had a crash into a building. The only thing that I see is that the top sensor cover is missing and broken props 1) where can I get a replacement cover 2) how do I know for sure that nothing inside was damaged. I have care refresh but don’t know if I should use it. I haven’t flown it yet because I am on vacation and right now I don’t have a good place to fly.

Also I am having trouble getting flight logs off of smart controller onto W10 pc (surface pro) with dji assistant
Thanks in advance for advice.

I had a crash into a building. The only thing that I see is that the top sensor cover is missing and broken props 1) where can I get a replacement cover 2) how do I know for sure that nothing inside was damaged. I have care refresh but don’t know if I should use it. I haven’t flown it yet because I am on vacation and right now I don’t have a good place to fly.

Also I am having trouble getting flight logs off of smart controller onto W10 pc (surface pro) with dji assistant
Can't find the missing piece near the building?

Remove all props and power it up outside. Does it get a good gps? Do the motors sound okay. Check all the legs for cracks and bulges. Check the battery case. I'd check all props for any nicks or issues. Then in a very open place try flying straight up and down. Forward/back and left/right. Turn 360 both ways. Any wobble or oddity - check further.

I can get you the cover
pm if intrested

Can't find the missing piece near the building?

Remove all props and power it up outside. Does it get a good gps? Do the motors sound okay. Check all the legs for cracks and bulges. Check the battery case. I'd check all props for any nicks or issues. Then in a very open place try flying straight up and down. Forward/back and left/right. Turn 360 both ways. Any wobble or oddity - check further.
Unfortunately below where it struck the building is heavily overgrown with ivy. I still don't know why it crashed. I was able to get the flight log off the controller. can I post it here for some feed back?

Unfortunately below where it struck the building is heavily overgrown with ivy. I still don't know why it crashed. I was able to get the flight log off the controller. can I post it here for some feed back?
Yes, there are some great palm, ahem, data reader here. I mean very precise

Post the link

I think it would be a good idea to send it to DJI and pay for the repair because it shouldn’t be more than the 220 you would be paying if you did a refresh. You would get a new or refurbished drone with a warranty and a better chance that the internal or external components are safe. Basically you could replace your drone by paying for a standard repair(they don’t actually give your your drone back they give you a refurbished one) instead of taking up a refresh that you could use for a more expensive crash.

About 3min 18sec the Mavic went on it’s own. There were no obstructions above or below at the time. My take off point was very high compared to MSL maybe 200ft I was in Positano. Italy. After the Mavic went on it’s own I kind of turned it toward the structure so it would not go out to sea.

About 3min 18sec the Mavic went on it’s own. There were no obstructions above or below at the time. My take off point was very high compared to MSL maybe 200ft I was in Positano. Italy. After the Mavic went on it’s own I kind of turned it toward the structure so it would not go out to sea.
I am not an experienced drone crash investigator but... At the time your drone flown away "on its own" you had only 8 satellites locked. I was always told that 12 is the minimum for a safe flight.

If you don't hear from some of the boards experts in this thread, you might post in the more open subforum:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman