DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor Stop and Crash in Auto Takeoff Mode

Yeah very similar to mine, check your gimbal mounting first. I was getting an 'abnormal gimbal vibration' warning - turned out the rear gimbal mount and slit out.

DJI are taking mine in for repairs - be very firm that it was the auto take off mode and show them this thread and others to ensure they acknowledge there is a bug.

I already checked the mount.. mount is okay and everything is in place.. I will do, do tou already have some news from DJI?

Even though I didn't seem to get any damage as a result of my Auto-takeoff failure, I just submitted a ticket to DJI so at least they won't be able to say they haven't heard of it before..

I use auto take off for nearly all my P3 4K flights, and I find this thread concerning. 57 flights, lvl 17.

I use auto take off for nearly all my P3 4K flights, and I find this thread concerning. 57 flights, lvl 17.

The firmware released on 12.06.2016 - v01.03.0000 is what is causing the auto take off crashes for some users. I'm glad I decided to hold off the update even though get the message to update every time I fly.

Last edited:
Reactions: KayakMark34
It'd be nice to see some flight logs being posted for the community to review.

When mine crashed it didn't keep the flight log for the crash. I have the flight before and after but not the auto take off crash flight. Others might have the same problem so they can't share it?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Just got mine two days ago and was finally able to take it out for a few flights today. Updated to the latest firmware before first use and used auto takeoff twice and no issues. I'm assuming this latest firmware fixed the issue or has it not been confirmed yet?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Has anybody heard anything "through the grapevine" regarding another update past V01.03.0200 to deal with this issue?

As you can see, flat line seconds after auto take off...

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Taking off with battery voltage at 35% seems a bit risky. I don't know if the MP suffers from the same abrupt battery flatness if you take off with anything other than a full battery. I've started flights with batteries around 50%, but never lower.

Was your battery recently charged? Sometimes the voltages rise a bit after sitting a while. But when a load is put on them, they collapse back down. If it dropped below what the FC needed to stay powered up...

Did any of the other sudden power-off events occur with fully charged batteries?

Taking off with battery voltage at 35% seems a bit risky. I don't know if the MP suffers from the same abrupt battery flatness if you take off with anything other than a full battery. I've started flights with batteries around 50%, but never lower.

Was your battery recently charged? Sometimes the voltages rise a bit after sitting a while. But when a load is put on them, they collapse back down. If it dropped below what the FC needed to stay powered up...

Did any of the other sudden power-off events occur with fully charged batteries?

I started flying with a fresh 100% battery and had been flying for about 15min then tried return to home to test it out, that worked successfully. Then this flight was immediately after to test out how well auto take off worked. I was only planning about a 1min flight.

Mine occurred with the battery at 80%. I've attached the .csv log file (changed the extension to .txt to upload). Like others, I don't see any error messages in the .csv, even though the controller displayed "Auto-Takeoff failure", "compass error" and "IMU error" messages simultaneously right after it happened. And still no word back from DJI on the crash report I submitted through the support site.

Attachments

• 2016-12-25_12-07-47_Standard.txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 9
John, if you send yours in. please also PM me your case number and refer to your post.

That's topnotch Ed. DJI has come a long way on the service side in less than a year.

I haven't upgraded firmware. I saw the prompt but didn't want to move from my current software.

Those of you sending your Mavic's in for repair want to make sure you have a copy of both the TXT and DAT flight Log files. This is your only documentation on what had taken place.

As for Auto TakeOff, it is something dji has never gotten a grip on. There has been similar issues in each model since it was 1st introduced. I have never used it on any of my A/C's after seeing others run into such problems. Those that launch using the sticks never had the seen with the Auto TakeOff. It should be labeled..."Use With Caution".

Last edited:
Interesting for sure, I am running GO4 and the latest F/W, and have about 20 flights on it using auto-takeoff every time without any issue, so these reports are troubling. Think I will switch to manual takeoff until this get's sorted out.

And to think you never experienced or heard of firmware issues with your now 2yr old P3. Dang it....you were on a streak too.... :eek:Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goadreams