My first 3D scan with FPV Camera

And here a new optimized version made by the guy from Aerial 3D360
even the lightning-rod is ok, thanks to him
1f600.png

https://sketchfab.com/.../8ce8509987774ab2a2c7c857b78f9b6a

Château d'eau 3D by Aerial 3D360 - download 3D model

Reactions: Odinbear
Wow, that's cool!
I tried a while ago but was wayyy to ambitious with the site size.
However, i never got to the phase where I would get a 3D model that I could use like an STL or something like that. Would you care to share some information on the used software, settings, do's & dont's?

Yes of course !
I used FPV Camera to made pictures. At first I made a manual flight determine the height, height was 35m so this model needed 2 levels of scan. Then still in manual flight I determined distances, heights and camera angles for level 1 and level 2. Need to have at least 80% of the model in the field of view from the bottom then for level 2 at least 80% (or more) from the top. Have a look to pictures below.
You will find more accurate information here : FPV Camera
Then you need to sign up at http://www.aerial3d360.com with the coupon code provided in FPV Camera app.
But there was no function to export the result in STL format!
So I wrote an email to aerial3d360 and very kindly they converted and downloaded my model to Sketchfab - Your 3D content online and in VR., from here that was possible to export it in a STL format ! Thanks to the aerial3d360 team !
Then it was not possible to print it directly, because there was no consistant base.
Meshmixer did the trick.

Here some steps:

Mission in FPV Camera
IMG_0410.PNG
IMG_0409.PNG

Picture from level 1
DJI_0579.JPG

Picture from level 2
DJI_0647.JPG

Export from Sketchfab
Capture d’écran 2017-08-20 à 18.12.55.png
After Meshmixer
Capture d’écran 2017-08-20 à 18.11.49.png
Capture d’écran 2017-08-20 à 18.12.00.png

Nice. This is where we did our very first paid for aerial job... 9 years ago :eek:
It absolutely hurts the eyes to look at the result nowadays!

Try using the free service Adobe 123D Catch. They even have a free app for your tablet or phone.

Take your photos, upload them to the cloud and they send you a 3D model complete with textures.

Reactions: Odinbear
Try using the free service Adobe 123D Catch. They even have a free app for your tablet or phone.

Take your photos, upload them to the cloud and they send you a 3D model complete with textures.

Oh very interesting , I will try it with pictures I did for this model.
Compare result and give a feedback here.

Yes of course !
I used FPV Camera to made pictures. At first I made a manual flight determine the height, height was 35m so this model needed 2 levels of scan. Then still in manual flight I determined distances, heights and camera angles for level 1 and level 2. Need to have at least 80% of the model in the field of view from the bottom then for level 2 at least 80% (or more) from the top. Have a look to pictures below.
You will find more accurate information here : FPV Camera
Then you need to sign up at http://www.aerial3d360.com with the coupon code provided in FPV Camera app.
But there was no function to export the result in STL format!
So I wrote an email to aerial3d360 and very kindly they converted and downloaded my model to Sketchfab - Your 3D content online and in VR., from here that was possible to export it in a STL format ! Thanks to the aerial3d360 team !
Then it was not possible to print it directly, because there was no consistant base.
Meshmixer did the trick.

Here some steps:

Mission in FPV Camera
View attachment 20179
View attachment 20180

Picture from level 1
View attachment 20178

Picture from level 2
View attachment 20177

Export from Sketchfab
View attachment 20174
After Meshmixer
View attachment 20176
View attachment 20175

Sorry mate, completely missed your extensive answer! Will have an in-depth look at it tonight when I'm home.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR