DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My solution to keeping micro SD cards in hand

Red_Raven

Reactions
I can't count how many of those I've lost so I had to come up with some solution. Even if kept in small boxes I would just batch loose them by loosing the box.

This lame fix has worked great, I simply added a strip of gaffer tape (sometimes called rape tape) into my wallet and voila.....

I agree that microSD cards are hard to keep a firm grip and they can slide into oblivion if they're loose.

That's why I bought the biggest fastest cards my cameras and drones and tablets can fit, one per device, and I don't take them out of the device except in controlled environments like on my desktop. Whenever I remove a media card, I leave the hatch open so it is easy to see that the (only) media card for that device has not been returned. I don't pack up my equipment to go out the door if the hatch is open.

Or....

You could just put this in your wallet.....

c3c6aa9cec77e0549c4d1e040346c982.jpg

I just leave my micro SD card in the MP until I get home. Then I take it out and upload the media, delete the card and put it back in the MP. If you're running out of space that quickly where you need to change them in the field, you probably need a bigger micro SD card. I have a 64gb, and I wouldn't be able to afford enough batteries to fill it up in one time flying.

Reactions: halley
I can't count how many of those I've lost so I had to come up with some solution. Even if kept in small boxes I would just batch loose them by loosing the box.

This lame fix has worked great, I simply added a strip of gaffer tape (sometimes called rape tape) into my wallet and voila.....

why on earth would you add "(sometimes called rape tape)" to that post??

Why your at it, why not make a whole wallet out of gaffer tape?
because it looks ghetto and you might be in front of a girl when using it. "Dont mind that, I pimped my wallet out with my rape tape".

If you can afford more than one microsd card you can afford Hivac's solution.

Reactions: BrooklynFlyer
Many people don't have any idea what gaffer tape is. But somehow every single person seems to connect this kind of tape with bondage or at least violence. That's why.

I'm happily married so I don't mind some girls seeing me using my ghetto wallet.
The thing is I couldn't find any solution here in my isolated location (Iceland) so I had to find a fix that worked, at least until other solution would come along.

Now you should be a little closer to why I used such ghetto solution...
It ain't stupit if it works. [emoji3]

But being as sensitive as you seems to be, the Internet might not be the hangout for you. [emoji23]

Last edited:
I've used gaffer tape for decades, as it is intended to be used: holding things together during a photo/film shoot. It goes on cleanly, it holds well, it comes off cleanly, it does not need tools to cut it. I have never heard it called "rape tape." I kinda think it is bizarre for someone to bring that here, to be honest.

Many people don't have any idea what gaffer tape is. But somehow every single person seems to connect this kind of tape with bondage or at least violence. That's why.
[emoji23]

We all know what gaffer tape is and
"every single person" is digging themselves deeper there

Calm down girls...

The card holder's a good idea and I'm glad of a bit of edgy humour in the morning. I'm pretty sure the OP isn't condoning rape (just a guess)!

Calm down girls...

The card holder's a good idea and I'm glad of a bit of edgy humour in the morning. I'm pretty sure the OP isn't condoning rape (just a guess)!

It is seriously strange, unnecessary reference and if he doesn't understand why people would question it, he may be the "sensitive" one.

Maybe it is an example of that famous Icelandic humor.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy