DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My tablet almost cost me my drone - huge gotcha!

DieselE

Reactions
So had my first crash - reversed into a tree on the other side of a valley whilst trying to widen the shot! I had NO IDEA I was that far back - the lens is clearly pretty tight. Lesson learnt.

So I tried to use the bottom right map that shows Home point, controller point and drone location. Took an hour to get to the crash site but could not for the life of me find the menu item to make it beep. Used the Find My Drone app within the launch screen of the Go Fly app and must have touched the screen as there was a pin about a mile away. Got there and there was no drone. Main map indicating it was back up the mountain. Went back up the mountain - rocks and boulders on all fours!!! Couldn't find it. Couldn't find the 'make it beep' button. I then for some genius reason thought to connect it to my S10+ phone rather than the Galaxy 5e Tab. Launched 'find my drone' and there it was the MAKE IT BEEP button. Drone was on 4% battery by now and had all the days footage on it - majestic lakes and presenters walking in rainforests! We found it within 30" of making it beep. Relief doesn't come into it.

SO I hope this helps everyone - the tablets do not have full functionality - very odd! Learn from my several mistakes here!!! Change the SD card every time you land!

Drone was fine too :)

A good lesson for others perhaps i.e. check out the functionality before it is needed

I like I have stated before in another post... You are the pilot and the photographer, do not let the last one make you forget about the first.

It is always good to turn the drone around when you want to reposition but you already learn that lesson.

So glad for you that the drone is okay.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flymehome