Votes: 167 56.0%
  • No.

Votes: 72 24.2%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 59 19.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really hoping for the 1" sensor to be released soon. I have been waiting for a portable 1" drone. Will be hard for Autel to compete with a 1/2.3 when MP2 will have - if rummer are right - 1" sensor.

If MP2 1" sensor comes before Autel, the pie in the market share will largely go to DJI; I think there are a lot of folks, like me, who have been waiting for a portable 1" for a while. If Autel waits too long with the 1" model, it may get the left-overs and the new-to-market folks who want to upgrade at that point.

I was really hoping for the 1" sensor to be released soon. I have been waiting for a portable 1" drone. Will be hard for Autel to compete with a 1/2.3 when MP2 will have - if rummer are right - 1" sensor.

If MP2 1" sensor comes before Autel, the pie in the market share will largely go to DJI; I think there are a lot of folks, like me, who have been waiting for a portable 1" for a while. If Autel waits too long with the 1" model, it may get the left-overs and the new-to-market folks who want to upgrade at that point.
I think it depends on the price of the MP2, with a rumored 1" sensor. If it is as much as some have said, the EVO could carve out a space between the MP2 and Mavic Air. I suppose DJI could still sell the MP1 at a reduced price, but there isn't much room between its current price and the Air's.

That said I will be surprised if the EVO rolls out in quantity by next month. Just a couple of weeks ago, in a video at a show--I think in NYC--a rep mentioned the props on the EVO were not, or at least may not be, the final design. I have never been involved in a drone launch, but I have been involved in other product launches and to me it seems way late in the game to not have something like that firmed up (and heavily tested).

Mike

They are a very small company, and I really don't think they are planning to steal a lot of pilots from DJI. They do have a loyal following from the X-Star owners and the new EVO is going to have enough upgrades from the current Mavic Pros at price point that a certain percentage of DJI faithful will opt to try the EVO, I honestly think that's what they a aiming for, not total market domination, if you've seen a picture of the business ( on their website "about us"), their whole business space probably isn't as large as DJI's employee cafeteria !

Last edited:
I think also depends on the nanny state dji are in versus evo

Reactions: Felipe
Nanny State indeed! I bet China has more companies perfecting drone deterrent technology than anyone knows.

maybe but then hopefully willy not materialise any where near it

P.S. Curious about your rc experience.... ever flown any DJI products?

Yes, I own a few DJI drones. I know the customer service isn't all that great, but the products have been excellent for me. I don't have any particular allegiance to them outside of that. If they made crappy stuff, or there were something measurably better in the same price range, I'd surely look elsewhere.

If Autel had released this at the same time as the Mavic, or shortly after, that would have been something. The specs appear to be incrementally better in some respects, but I'd expect that a year and a half later.

Reactions: ballerhe75
The Mavic Pro, is a one of a kind drone, That why real Mavic Pro owners can't be swayed With anothers company imitation of it, I think DJI made a mistake naming the Air, Mavic, with no visual similarities to the Pro, I think we are a group of droners that fell in love with the design as well as the capabilities, but it took both to draw us in and it will take both to make us purchase another Mavic Pro ll. The only imitation i bought of the Mavic Pro, is the E58, because even though its a toy, it looks like the Pro spit it out, and i like to use it for my indoor flyer to keep my fingers loose and ready and to keep on top of flying in atti mode if it arises unexpectedly hahahaha

Folks that buy everything DJI makes, aren't die hard Mavic Pro fans, they are die hard DJI fans. But the Mavic Pro is the drone that got the regular consumer up in the air in awe and the sales reflected it.If DJI is as smart as they are making their drones, they will recognize that fact.

Reactions: USAirborne
DJI is an amazing technology company. The entire drone world is like a little kid on Christmas Eve ....... Oh boy what’s it gonna be !

Reactions: NestleQuik
Yes, I own a few DJI drones. I know the customer service isn't all that great, but the products have been excellent for me. I don't have any particular allegiance to them outside of that. If they made crappy stuff, or there were something measurably better in the same price range, I'd surely look elsewhere.

If Autel had released this at the same time as the Mavic, or shortly after, that would have been something. The specs appear to be incrementally better in some respects, but I'd expect that a year and a half later.
Hmm... How much will imposed flight restrictions come into play in making your next MR purchase?

Do you fly your DJI products connected or disconnected from the internet?

I think dji just doesn't want reckless drone operators causing drones to become banned, or regulated to the point there is little market for them. It has nothing to do with "nanny state" and everything to do with keeping the ability to sell more drones. That said they are a Chinese company which to some causes concern. Not so much me, as I practically see them as the Apple of Chinese companies (albeit with the same arrogance of "our way" only).

At this point Autel is not big enough to be concerned with the ramifications of not enforcing NFZ's etc., as it might pertain to protecting the market 5+ years down the road. If they were as big as dji they might indeed be concerned.

Mike

Hmm... How much will imposed flight restrictions come into play in making your next MR purchase?

Zero at this time. I don't fly in areas that are restricted. That's never been a problem for me, and I suspect that is true of the vast majority of casual flyers. Certainly there is vocal minority that has problems with it, and I understand it's not perfect.

Do you fly your DJI products connected or disconnected from the internet?

If you are referring to Go, when I use that my phone is typically not connected to the Internet while I am flying.

Zero at this time. I don't fly in areas that are restricted. That's never been a problem for me, and I suspect that is true of the vast majority of casual flyers. Certainly there is vocal minority that has problems with it, and I understand it's not perfect.
Judging by the number of posts in another forum allowing jail breaking of DJI products, you may be tad low in how many casual flyers are affected.

If you are referring to Go, when I use that my phone is typically not connected to the Internet while I am flying.
Phrased my question poorly... worded another way.

Do you religiously update the Go App and if so how often has this resulted in a problem for you?

Still looks like a bunch of smoke and mirrors... It’s easy to update a site, especially if you don’t have to commit to a date.
Release date will be at least by June. Some say it will be as soon as two weeks away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki