DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI air 2s pilot in Ocala Florida

Hello from the Crossroads of America kingizm.

If you haven't done it yet, swing by the FAA and register.

And then take the TRUST test to have a copy of the certificate when you fly.

A few apps worth having to check before flights that are free from the app store.

UAV Forecast

AIRMAP

Windy.com

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Thanks, I have already taken the trust course aswell as registered with the FAA. Thanks for the apps

Reactions: MA2 317
welcome to the forum
apart from the advise above ,read the download manual from the DJI website
dont try to fly indoors ,never ends well
find a nice secluded open space and fly low and slow to start with ,till you gain confidence, and learn what the drone is going to do for a given stick input ,and dont forget the drones direction to a given stick input will change depending on which way it is facing you
by that i mean if the camera is facing the same way as yourself, and you give the stick some left sideways movement, then the drone will respond by going left ,on the other hand ,if the camera is facing yourself ,then the same stick movement will send the drone to the right this also applies to forwards and backward stick movement as well
its this response that is the hardest thing to get used to but in time it becomes natural and it just takes practice ,

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
There’s many knowledgeable members willing to help you with any questions you have. As Dirkclod said, search the forum using key words and if you don’t find an answer, post your question and I’m sure you’ll get a quick response. Fly safe and stay safe!

Welcome from Fort Pierce! I'm actually planning a trip up that way to get some drone shots. The Air 2S looks to be a very capable ship - may splurge later this year. Best advice I have is don't push the limits. Plan to land at 50% battery for awhile and take the time to learn all the modes/options.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Just got a New air 2s drone for Christmas and currently in the learning progress. Anyone have any advice?
Here are some things to help you get started with your Air 2S:
  • The current Air 2S manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Air 2S downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Air 2S manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Air 2S.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

After you do as @msinger recommends, spend a lot of time on YouTube. Massive amounts of good information on basic flight controls, camera setups, and flight modes. Some of my favorite channels are:
  • VIC VideopIC
  • 51 Drones
  • FlytPath
  • Ian in London
  • Ready Set Drone

Reactions: MA2 317 and Cosmo0g
Welcome to Mavic Pilots!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members