DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware update 28/03/23

Scoobychief

Reactions
Hi guys ive seen on youtube the new firmware update ok so i was able to update the new firmware to the corect 0500one but they app firmware is also supposed to be 1.9.8 but mine only updated to 1.9.4 so wondering what ive done wrong? also rc firmware is supposed to be 01.02.0500 but mine reads 01.02.0400 only the aircraft firmware is correct anyone has any ideas why?. i did update via the rc with wifi on and logged into dji.

337495934_1427402274699662_3494199584205642241_n.jpg

Hi guys ive seen on youtube the new firmware update ok so i was able to update the new firmware to the corect 0500one but they app firmware is also supposed to be 1.9.8 but mine only updated to 1.9.4 so wondering what ive done wrong? also rc firmware is supposed to be 01.02.0500 but mine reads 01.02.0400 only the aircraft firmware is correct anyone has any ideas why?. i did update via the rc with wifi on and logged into dji.

View attachment 162075
Try updating Fly through Profile/About/Check for Updates

are you using the new DJI RC with the Built in screen
you need to have the drone on as well as the RC during the update
and then on the about screen touch the Blue check for updates and it should say new firmware available then follow the instructions on screen to download the new firmware and App update

There's a problem somewhere. I have the same issue and tried the updates. With the drone switched on its firmware updates but the RC does not, it thinks it's up to date with the previous version. Numerous other people have mentioned the same problem in the forums and on YouTube. Apparently DJI are looking into it. Hopefully it will be resolved sooner rather than later. 🤞

I came on here to research the same problem. At least now I know it's not just me. I went so far as to factory reset the controller but it's still showing as up to date but with the older firmware.

Guess I'll just wait and see.

There's a problem somewhere. I have the same issue and tried the updates. With the drone switched on its firmware updates but the RC does not, it thinks it's up to date with the previous version. Numerous other people have mentioned the same problem in the forums and on YouTube. Apparently DJI are looking into it. Hopefully it will be resolved sooner rather than later. 🤞
Had a similar issue updating my RC-N1 as well. I had to go to the Apple Store and click on the Go Fly app. Ignore the "Open" button. Once I selected the app, there was an "Update" button. I did that and it downloaded and installed the update on my iPhone. The controller then showed 1.9.8 update installed.

Reactions: The Fat Controller
Yes,the problem seems to have been fixed, firmware 1.02.0600 was available on the RC this morning - 'Fixed some minor bugs'.

I had the same problem last night. I was not able to update my remote from 1.9.4 even though I was able to update the Aircraft. It looks like DJI blocked any updates until 1.9.9 was ready which apparently fixes a few issues that were introduced by 1.9.8. When I tried again this morning I was able to update the 1.9.9.

View attachment 162075
This was a good thread. I didn't even know about the 1.9.9 update until I read it here. The Fly app updated automatically on my Tripltek Android tablet to 1.9.9 today but I still had to go the Apple App Store and manually update my iPhone Fly app to 1.9.9.

yes the fly APP on my I pad has updated to 1.9.9 today
plus there is also the DJI RC update toVO1.02.0600 which appears to be just for the RC
after the update the APP is now showing 1.9.9 ,it would seem the 1.9.8 issue was mainly to do with the A2s which is one of the drones that can be flown with the DJI RC controller

I updated mini3 pro to latest and on my controller it tells me that I have app 1.9.9 and the RC 1.02.0600 however in DJI Assistant2 app it says 1.98 and V 1.00.0500, one is contradicting the other! Is this right? doesn't Dji assistant2 mention the RC version?

Regards

Thanks all for airing this subject. Loads of good advice. Will tackle this later today and it seems like leaving it for 24 hours or so is not a bad idea.

Love this thread, now got my system up to date after resetting my RC, It then allowed me to upgrade the RC and aircraft to the very latest firmware.

Oh and had to delete my iPhone app and that forced an update from the App Store.

What a day! 🤯🤣😀

Reactions: WanderLost
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13