DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

If you have a flixed wing planker mode then please on the next update give us ATTI mode and Manual mode. If it sounds better for marketing hype you can call Manual mode Heli mode or Rotary Wing mode.
sorry for my ignorance, and if you don't mind why you need to have full manually selectable ATTI mode? Never had any other DJI drone before, just a poor SYMA which has crashed maybe more than 50 times :)

Reactions: Marco Cantieni
Updated to v01.03.0600 using the GO app and WiFi. Took about ten minutes to update. No issues.
Also did an IMU calibration and Gimbal auto calibration.

ok i have just been up as well, critical battery warning beep can be turned off if you are brave enough to get that far.

all settings were gone as normal, everything except camera settings were gone

flight wise nothing was much different for the quick chance i had to test it

NFZ are all being updated again but as yet don't know how, i did not allow it to update yet.

i did not try the fixed wing mode i never saw t in intelligent flight modes, assuming an app update is due any time soon.

RC snd video were as expected , crap signal my area max 600 meters before i lose it although it did seem to give better warning with a slower decline than i have had recently. Maybe that is just me.

RTH with precision land no landing check switched on

600 meters out in three directions, it landed every time within 2 inches off take off

now packing her up for Thailand so no time to test anything else, Pretty much i did not notice anything strange yet and i went through two batteries (discharge them for plane) with no issues.

I still see no compelling reason to move from .400
The low battery silencing would have been nice when I first got my Mavic. At this point it's really not an issue anymore.

What the heck is NFZ RTH improvement?
Lots of small NFZ stuff in each update, I am wondering when the whole system is going to come together and what will it look like?

Rob

I just tryed it and see nothing different.
As far as rth I have always used it a lot as I do runs up in the country here . Have with all my birds.
Use it or not that's up to you but if you don't use it some just to understand how it works and what you can do while in it if you ever do have to use it you might not be happy.
jIMO everyone should learn to use it. I trust it 100%
+1

The low battery silencing would have been nice when I first got my Mavic. At this point it's really not an issue anymore.

Lots of small NFZ stuff in each update, I am wondering when the whole system is going to come together and what will it look like?

Rob

I'm w/ you, still on FW .4.Thumbswayup

Rob

I agree, at this point I have no real reason to update ....I will stick with .400 until I actually hear people praising a particular firmware update.

I just tryed it and see nothing different.
As far as rth I have always used it a lot as I do runs up in the country here . Have with all my birds.
Use it or not that's up to you but if you don't use it some just to understand how it works and what you can do while in it if you ever do have to use it you might not be happy.
jIMO everyone should learn to use it. I trust it 100%

I didn't say that I didn't know how to use it. Just said that I don't use it. I just prefer manual controls. Carry on...

I agree, at this point I have no real reason to update ....I will stick with .400 until I actually hear people praising a particular firmware update.
yep someone has to do it coz if no one ever does how will anyone know if it has anything useful. As i have two i don't mind being guinea pig on one if it will save the other from a nightmare lol

Rob

that MIGHT be a good thing if is what i believe ..
i remember one guy somehow(poor gps..?) flew into a NFZ and once he has got the gps coverage the aircraft just landed in the spot( in the nfz) maybe now is fized so that aircraft will " move away from NFZ and then RTH where the home point is...

might be.. it would be a good one !

Not sure if anybody else experienced a startup sound tone that was kind of backwards (not sure how else to describe it)? Basically the low, or echo tones played first and then the three louder tones. This seems to be fixed in .600.

Reactions: peros550
Has anyone seen a new app yet? Either 4.0.07 for iOS or 4.0.06 for droid?

Fixed wing Mode sounds like APM/Pixhawk 'Cruise Mode' for multirotors. It actually works really well there. Flying the quad around with the right stick, and changing altitude with the left.

Just updated through DJI Assistant for PC. The first time it failed, but successfully finished the second one.
The first think I noticed is that they fixed the start up sound back to its original. (never tried 0550).
Haven't flown yet.
I think the failure at the update process is due to the original RC cable (especially the end connector to the RC side). Very first time I updated my Mavic, it also had failed several times. After changing the cable with any 3rd party's one, I have never failed at following firmware updates.

If I tested .600 correctly I think we might have throttle-up back as a way to cancel forced auto-landing. To test I had Landing Protection switched on and then used throttle down til it paused at 1.5 feet height. Then held throttle-down for the three seconds to do the force land. Once the mavic moved lower I throttled up and the landing stopped and ascended based on stick input. I tried this multiple times and it worked each time.

I think the failure at the update process is due to the original RC cable (especially the end connector to the RC side). Very first time I updated my Mavic, it also had failed several times. After changing the cable with any 3rd party's one, I have never failed at following firmware updates.

I did mine through laptop with proper IOS cable, it failed 3 times :), the controller updated in about a minute though. So no big RC update.

The mavic took ages for me though around 25 minutes

I know what you mean. In my case, I used another cable, of good quality and it failed the first time. In fact, i didn't even touch the cable. Just restarted the Mavic and tried for a second time and it completed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven