DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

Has anyone been able to confirm/replicate this NFZ LIMIT issue that is plaguing this firmware. Seems like you cannot take off if you have a weak gps signal? People have reported that they were unable to fly indoors..Im hesitant to update if this bug exists for sure.
Yes and all my video has gone to water colour

Took some pics after the new FW update. The raw files feel appear slightly more saturated but it was a bit of an overcast day.

I am so sick of this. two days and I can't get it to update. I have tried my S7, Shield, IPhone, Win 10, Win 7, downgrading to .400 then try to update, factory reset, downgrade DJI Assist 2, reformatting orginal SD card, anything I missed?

This last time it failed at 100% with error code "undefined 0x020106". Does anyone have any other ideas? all other upgrades through .550 worked fine.

Reactions: shuddee
Updated to V01.03.0600 no problem, using DJI Assistant 2. Flew about 40 minutes this afternoon and things are definitely better than the previous 0550 version of firmware. No video breakup at all (nice!), but still not perfect.

At the very beginning, before GPS lock, I got the NFZ message and unable to take off. This went away after about 10 seconds or so when GPS locked. After the first flight I landed and with DJI Go 4 app was unresponsive, with frozen video showing the landing, so it hung right after landing. I had to manually kill it and start it again before switching to a new battery and taking off.

Second flight, DJO Go 4 died almost immediately after that, while the bird was in the air, so I landed. This time I could not access my phone, so I did a reboot.

Third flight, which exercised POI and sport mode, and a little fixed wing mode, went without a hitch. I got into fixed wing mode and yaw was very very sluggish. I was unable to reliably get into fixed wing mode by moving the throttle forward and pressing C1, though I did it once or twice.

Overall, a lot better than before, but still not to the point where I trust sending this bird very far away. Imagine rebooting when you are in fixed wing mode, the aircraft moving further out of sight! For now I need good line of sight at all times with the software liable to crash as it appears to be.

I am so sick of this. two days and I can't get it to update. I have tried my S7, Shield, IPhone, Win 10, Win 7, downgrading to .400 then try to update, factory reset, downgrade DJI Assist 2, reformatting orginal SD card, anything I missed?

This last time it failed at 100% with error code "undefined 0x020106". Does anyone have any other ideas? all other upgrades through .550 worked fine.

That's exactly the same with mine, tried multiple times with both my iPhone and my desktop computer. Was about to give up then used my iPad to download the 600 via 4g data rather than the other two getting it via wifi at home and it worked so now happy on 600

Against my own advice I updated to this new firmware and right away it bites me in the butt. after the firmware update the gimble wouldn't calibrate correctly on start up, it would actually get stuck on the arm of the gimble. and gave me gimble overload, gimble obstruction warnings. I had to physically move the camera off the arm. That and when it does its starting calibration it seems to slam into something when it calibrates downwards. I finally got the gimble to stop getting stuck on the arm but it still slams into something on the downward calibration.
Yep i had major video and Gimbal problems it would tilt at a 45 deg angle before take off I have now rolled back to 400

I'm done. after trying everything, only to have DJI tell me to send in the mavic for further research, and telling me it must be a problem with my computer board in the mavic, i'm staying at .0550. I missed a beautiful day of flying because of this crap.

I think I was able to finally convince the tech I talked to that I wasn't the only person having this issue, especially after he told me to wait until the next firmware release. I think they know there is a problem.

Reactions: Bintryin
I'm done. after trying everything, only to have DJI tell me to send in the mavic for further research, and telling me it must be a problem with my computer board in the mavic, i'm staying at .0550. I missed a beautiful day of flying because of this crap.

I think I was able to finally convince the tech I talked to that I wasn't the only person having this issue, especially after he told me to wait until the next firmware release. I think they know there is a problem.
Me Too got up early went out 80 klm to my fav spot put 4 batteries in got home and the video is useless also gimbal problems . Sucks

Wish they would forget about upgrades and new products and release the goggles that were announced seven months ago. Hard to fly looking at a phone screen after flying for years with goggles. I really don't want to buy NVidia shield just to connect my fat shark goggles. Beware the updates turn off multi flight modes and sport mode will not work until you turn it back on in the app. I think updates should leave our settings alone. This mavic is pretty sweet though!

I have downgraded the Mavic to 400 but the remote will not . does anyone know if this will be a problem

Mine failed 3 times, first time its happened to me, i swapped to a different USB port it was fine after that strangely enough.
I just did 2 Mavic's using the DJI Assistant 2. What I found is that you need to first plug in you cable to your computer and the drone or controller then turn on the drone or controller. Then start Assistant 2. It will take a few seconds then will show the icon for either the Mavic or the Controller, click the icon and then your current firmware versions will show up select the top one or the one you want and start the install. Do the same for the controller. I have found that you need to turn everything and close out the app before doing another up date that goes for your controller.

It seems to fail if you start things different mainly the DJI Assistant 2 app.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Evans12
No, had to stop it as in work now, going to try again when I get home, try a few different USB cables, if that don't work then I might do it through the DJI assistant on the computer...bloody annoying!
I find the that the DJI Assistant work better for me, even with my Phantom 4.
Do each meaning drone and controller separately. Also plugin cables turn on drone or controller first then start the Assistant. Do not start Assistant first.
Hope this helps...

If all this backwards and update fail, I will do factory reset then update, before I send my mavic back, thank you
Also, I found that you need to plug in, start the Mavic then start Assistant 2. I have even re-booted my computer first. I have found if you have Assistant running then plug in things do not work right. Wish you luck...

Reactions: Evans12
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead