DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

***NEW MAVIC 2 Pro & Zoom Comparison SPREADSHEET, Poll - Will U Buy?

Will you Buy the Mavic 2?

• Yes, Mavic 2 Pro

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • Yes, Mavic 2 Zoom

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • No, Satisfied with Mavic Pro

Votes: 44 27.5%
  • No, Satisfied with Mavic Pro Platinum

Votes: 9 5.6%

• Total voters

MauiMaps

Reactions
Mavic 2 Doc Spreadsheet: > DJI Best drones Spreadsheet Link : )
Updating NOW^^

Price; Pro $1449, Zoom $1249, Flymore $319.

Highlights; 45mph, 31min flight, 4.97mile range, 360 avodiance +upward camera!

Pro - Hassleblad 1" f2.8-f11, 10bit D-log.

Zoom - 4x lossless zoom, Dolly quickshot.
Swappable camera later!

235222dmzuqe6ooca6a8zu.jpg

Will you Buy the Mavic 2?

Last edited:
Let me know of any mistakes!

Maybe but I doubt it if it has a fixed aperture at 2.8. Will wait to see reviews tho. The pro is on the left.

The Hasselblad is the fixed camera, equivalent of 28mm focal length with a fixed 2.8 aperture, I believe. The one on the right will be the zoom.

You should include the option 'Maybe' in the poll.

I just might consider getting the Hasselblad one, without the zoom. But I'm not sure I want the whole DJI regime again. Probably not. IF I get one it will be at least 6 months after launch. Let the others do the beta testing this time.

The Hasselblad is the fixed camera, equivalent of 28mm focal length with a fixed 2.8 aperture, I believe. The one on the right will be the zoom.

According to leaked specification the Hasselblad camera is f2.8-f11

How does that compare to the current Mavic, if so?

Current Mavic Pro has fixed f2.2 so in theory it's a little bit brighter in low light condition but needs a ND filters in strong light. In Pro 2 you can just change the aperture to dim the image if over exposed.

Current Mavic Pro has fixed f2.2 so in theory it's a little bit brighter in low light condition but needs a ND filters in strong light. In Pro 2 you can just change the aperture to dim the image if over exposed.
Aperture can also play larger role in picture composition/effects. With larger sensors Mavick 2 may have blurry background in close distances too at 2.8 but having opportunity to set it to smaller aperture you can mitigate this effect when needed. Yes, it's not something that frequently comes by using drones - and usually long focus distances - but it's also a possibility.
More importantly even if you may still need some ND filters (11 is 4 stops from 2,8) you've an adjustment option that you can use up in the air to adapt to lightning changes or just to change from stills to movies.

Reactions: KDog
Aperture can also play larger role in picture composition/effects. With larger sensors Mavick 2 may have blurry background in close distances too at 2.8 but having opportunity to set it to smaller aperture you can mitigate this effect when needed. Yes, it's not something that frequently comes by using drones - and usually long focus distances - but it's also a possibility.
More importantly even if you may still need some ND filters (11 is 4 stops from 2,8) you've an adjustment option that you can use up in the air to adapt to lightning changes or just to change from stills to movies.

That's true. Also even with f2.8 vs f2.2 in current Mavic, the Pro 2 will still perform better in low light thanks to a larger sensor

Reactions: Szepy_lc8
That's true. Also even with f2.8 vs f2.2 in current Mavic, the Pro 2 will still perform better in low light thanks to a larger sensor
Yes, it gives much better quality on higher ISO settings. Or at least it should. ;)
Hopefully they don't ruin it for some Mpixel-chasing nonsense. 12Mpixel is enough for 4k and stills too - better high-iso performance would be more important than more mpixels according to my first impressions. :)

Reactions: Szekter
According to leaked specification the Hasselblad camera is f2.8-f11
But on the lens it says 2.8 only. But for a Hasselblad I would expect a variable aperture. It saves the hassle (no pun) to change ND filters in most cases.

Haven’t seen any speculations on when the units will be available for consumers. Any idea if they will actually be orderable today and start shipping immediately? I know there’s the quiz to get expedited deliveries.

Lame, not enough difference to justify the cost, I’ll continue with my gen 1 Mavic until I can get an inspire

Reactions: trriley5
But on the lens it says 2.8 only. But for a Hasselblad I would expect a variable aperture. It saves the hassle (no pun) to change ND filters in most cases.
Most lenses only show the maximum aperture, even if variable.

Reactions: W2EJ
Haven’t seen any speculations on when the units will be available for consumers. Any idea if they will actually be orderable today and start shipping immediately? I know there’s the quiz to get expedited deliveries.

Some showed shipped already, but they were orders within 10 minutes.

I ordered mine in first 10 mins, but just went and canceled it to apply the priority shipping code, which I just got an hour ago...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54