DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

***NEW MAVIC 2 Pro & Zoom Comparison SPREADSHEET, Poll - Will U Buy?

Will you Buy the Mavic 2?

• Yes, Mavic 2 Pro

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • Yes, Mavic 2 Zoom

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • No, Satisfied with Mavic Pro

Votes: 44 27.5%
  • No, Satisfied with Mavic Pro Platinum

Votes: 9 5.6%

• Total voters
they emailed it. There was a quiz on Monday that after taking you would get the priority shipping.

Since I already have the MP, I went with the M2P over the zoom.
Adding a zoom to basically the same drone I have now wasn't enough of an incentive.

While the dolly zoom shot is neat, I wouldn't use it much. Figured with the higher quality image in the M2P I can do any zooms I needed in post. (I know it doesn't get that fly back / zoom in effect, but that's okay). I mainly use the still photos anyway.

Reactions: HighBry
Haven’t seen any speculations on when the units will be available for consumers. Any idea if they will actually be orderable today and start shipping immediately? I know there’s the quiz to get expedited deliveries.

Website (post launch) says available to order now and ships one day after payment confirmation. Watch this space though...

No I won’t buy.

At the end of the day I love my MP, but the system itself has too many inherent limitations in trading off between portability and performance, and the bigger sensor - while very nice - can’t overcome inherent limitations.

My next will be an i2 (or whatever’s out when I can actually afford one), and I’ll keep my MP as my travel drone.

Keen to hear the feedback from the first few months, post-honeymoon period though...

Current Mavic Pro has fixed f2.2 so in theory it's a little bit brighter in low light condition but needs a ND filters in strong light. In Pro 2 you can just change the aperture to dim the image if over exposed.
Fixed at 2.8 but it has a 1 inch sensor so low light performance on the 2 pro will be much better. Effective iso of the 2 is 128000

Looked in the specs and it did not say. Can you share where you read that they would come with the sine wave esc's? Thanks.
-Paul

My assumption is that 1" sensor with variable 4 stop aperture settings is a real game changer for semi pros looking for a compact package. I'm pretty new in drone fun but a *2 zoom feature doesn't mean too much for me especially when the pro has almost twice as much mpixels. So it can easily reach almost the same quality details (if not better taking the quality of such small zoom lenses vs 1" Hasselblad optics into account) in post when needed.
For me zoom edition features looks like better for hobbyists who want the best possible results right out of the drone without too much post effort. Anyway for recreational usage even the "old" MP is more than enough from quality perspective.
At least that's my opinion and I'm really interested in any opinions regarding the planned purpose - or how they were selected when ordered.
Since my MP is brand new - and it has costed only about half of the MP2 Pro - I'm really at the very beginning of the learning curve so I don't plan to buy a new one. But let's see what future brings in the next year. :)

[/ATTACH] Screenshot 2018-08-23 16.02.06.png It w
Looked in the specs and it did not say. Can you share where you read that they would come with the sine wave esc's? Thanks.
-Paul
as detailed in the announcement on you tube and is discussed at 32min 25 sec in the video

Last edited:
That answers that question! Thanks for digging all that up. I did not want to buy one and 6 monthes later the release a MP2P Platnium brushless motors!

-Paul
Virtual photographer found it exactly as you saw.

Its also hidden near the bottom Mavic 2 - See the Bigger Picture – DJI Powerful, Yet Safe > Quieter - or ctrl-F to search.
I had it at the bottom under Extra. :D

That answers that question! Thanks for digging all that up. I did not want to buy one and 6 monthes later the release a MP2P Platnium brushless motors!
I am pretty sure MP/Z 2 has brushless motors. DJI has been using brushless motors since the original Phantom!

Saw this review on YouTube
Can’t wait to get my hands on the Mavic Pro 2.. blows me out of the sky!!
Nice, and ya a few good reviews are out now. A crash test just went up.

Now we just need range tests!

Reactions: daasmangi
Now we just need range tests!

And comparisons for Pro Digital 4x (with Full FOV and HQ FOV) vs Zoom 2x manual/2x digital (4x lossless). /talking to self :D

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_