DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

***NEW MAVIC 2 Pro & Zoom Comparison SPREADSHEET, Poll - Will U Buy?

Will you Buy the Mavic 2?

• Yes, Mavic 2 Pro

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • Yes, Mavic 2 Zoom

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • No, Satisfied with Mavic Pro

Votes: 44 27.5%
  • No, Satisfied with Mavic Pro Platinum

Votes: 9 5.6%

• Total voters
Keeping the P1 for now.
Used both the P1 and Air (''sponsored'' by a Norwegian electronics franchise) during winter and spring, and while I loved the 430g weight and compact size of the Air, being used to Occusync, the limited WiFi connection/range of the Air was a big issue, especially in the city.
I use these for cycling a lot, and carrying 430g (Air) vs 730g (P1) in my back pocket is a major difference, but still just (barely) acceptable with the 730g weight and size of the P1. However, with the P2 weighing 25% more that the P1 at 900+ grams, that is a little too much and would require using a backpack for my frequent cycling/drone use, and I hate using backpacks for road and gravel cycling.
In addition, I have an extremely compact semi-hardshell case (case made for a headlamp, actually) that the P1 and remote just fits into, but the P2 would not fit that, seeing that it is 15mm or so longer than the P1

I might end up getting both the P2 and another Air (for cycling use) but for now, the P1 does just fine, I've had it since December 2017 and it still blows my mind every time I fly it. Like today, scanning Norwegian mountain moores for cloudberries :)

Last edited:
Mavic 2 Doc Spreadsheet:
Best drones : )
Updating NOW

Price; Pro $1449, Zoom $1249, Flymore $319.

Highlights; 45mph, 31min flight, 4.97mile range, 360 avodiance +upward camera!

Pro - Hassleblad 1" f2.8-f11, 10bit D-log.

Zoom - 4x lossless zoom, Dolly quickshot.
Swappable camera later!

235222dmzuqe6ooca6a8zu.jpg

Will you Buy the Mavic 2?
Already done

Reactions: MauiMaps
Keeping the P1 for now.
Used both the P1 and Air (''sponsored'' by a Norwegian electronics franchise) during winter and spring, and while I loved the 430g weight and compact size of the Air, being used to Occusync, the limited WiFi connection/range of the Air was a big issue, especially in the city.
I use these for cycling a lot, and carrying 430g (Air) vs 730g (P1) in my back pocket is a major difference, but still just (barely) acceptable with the 730g weight and size of the P1. However, with the P2 weighing 25% more that the P1 at 900+ grams, that is a little too much and would require using a backpack for my frequent cycling/drone use, and I hate using backpacks for road and gravel cycling.
In addition, I have an extremely compact semi-hardshell case (case made for a headlamp, actually) that the P1 and remote just fits into, but the P2 would not fit that, seeing that it is 15mm or so longer than the P1

I might end up getting both the P2 and another Air (for cycling use) but for now, the P1 does just fine, I've had it since December 2017 and it still blows my mind every time I fly it. Like today, scanning Norwegian mountain moores for cloudberries :)

Ya the Mavic Pro will still be amazing for the next few years. DJI seems to be trying to hit every size option; Tello, Spark, Air, MP (getting a little bigger v2), P4 (hopefully foldable landing or more compact P5), Inspire. If they keep up version upgrades every 2-3 years we will soon see a spark with 4k and Air with better connection!

Reactions: Espen W
Sticking with my Mavic 1 Pro Fly more. While I would love to fly the new models any day, the cost of Mavic 2 Pro fly more at $1,768 is more than double what I paid for my Mavic 1 :-(

I bevieve the original MP came with brushed motors.
I don't think so. Even low-grade toys have brushless motors nowadays above 150-200 USD range. Brushed motors are much less efficient, weak and really prone to malfunctions. Only firmware has been changed on MPs during production (and maybe some minor stuff like gimbal cable protection as I have read) but not such an important part of the quad.
MPP has improved ESC but I think the motors are the same - at least it's not faster according to the data.

I don't think so. Even low-grade toys have brushless motors nowadays above 150-200 USD range. Brushed motors are much less efficient, weak and really prone to malfunctions. Only firmware has been changed on MPs during production (and maybe some minor stuff like gimbal cable protection as I have read) but not such an important part of the quad.
MPP has improved ESC but I think the motors are the same - at least it's not faster according to the data.

I think you are right, I always thought that was the reason the MPP was more efficent and quieter than the MP. Thanks.

I think you are right, I always thought that was the reason the MPP was more efficent and quieter than the MP. Thanks.
The MPP and Air and Mavic 2 all have have FOC Sinusoidal drive ESC for smoother control over the original Mavic Pro. Quieter, efficient, stability. The Air and Mavic 2 might still not be as quiet as platinum (Air higher pitch/prop tips, Mavic 2 heavier).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4