Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEW ! Mavic 3 Recovery Pods : Bare Min needed to Float your drone for Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Dont let your Mavic 3 Sink ! its an expensive lesson. Its a $ 2500 into the Abyss and its Painful .

Unlike the Rescue Jackets that weigh close to 5 Ounces the Mavic 3 Recovery Pods use A Minimum Footprint , A Stream Line Design and weigh under 1.8 ounces
making this a Fantastic Tool to safeguard your drone from sinking into the Abyss.

The Recovery Pods use the same System as the Rescue Jackets and only take a few Seconds to strap in for a Stress Free flight.

Here is an example of how they work under water !
Notice how they Flip upside down allowing for your Landing Light to be the Beacon to help you find your drone or any other third party light you may have.

Email me at [email protected]
We have them in Black: Rescue Red and Neon Blue
There $74.95 for the Forum Members and $64.95 if you get the Wet Suit with them in package deal

So now you have two Utility Tools to choose from : Rescue jacket to land on the Water or The Recovery Pod to float and not sink.

Last edited:
Love for the science !!! @Suren the motors is not the problem. I guess the problem are the electronics inside or battery. I guess this is a product more to be able to recover your drone and claim be able to claim the refresh kit if you have it. Other wise will be a flyaway that cost $800

Coal that is a nice idea if you do not want to fly the hole rescue jacket. And is only 1.8 oz !! nice !!!

@Phantomrain.org when are they be ready to ship?

Love for the science !!! @Suren the motors is not the problem. I guess the problem are the electronics inside or battery. I guess this is a product more to be able to recover your drone and claim be able to claim the refresh kit if you have it. Other wise will be a flyaway that cost $800

Coal that is a nice idea if you do not want to fly the hole rescue jacket. And is only 1.8 oz !! nice !!!

@Phantomrain.org when are they be ready to ship?
Yeah, good point on the refresh, just wondering if Coal's drone still flys after that video

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
All the DJI drones get submerged like this, but this was the first time I post the Drama and the Pain that goes into the " Science " of Phantom Rain Gear.

There are several tests that we do:

Camera Test under water , First Dunk test, First full Submersion Test. Off the Cliff Test and in the Lake test.

The M3 was quick to show Hardware Error message and is currently in the Drone Recovery room under life support status as it dries out for a few days. The battery was toast on the first underwater dunk . Had to go thru a few Batteries during the testing... days .

All the drones give up the Ghost at some point, but the Mavic 3 was quick to offer the hardware error after the first quick dunk and camera test.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your M3 in the Rain. Float on the Water.

Reactions: Capt KO
All the DJI drones get submerged like this, but this was the first time I post the Drama and the Pain that goes into the " Science " of Phantom Rain Gear.

Camera Test under water , First Dunk test, First full Submersion Test. Off the Cliff Test and in the Lake test.

The M3 was quick to show Hardware Error message and is currently in the Drone Recovery room under life support status as it dries out for a few days. The battery was toast on the first underwater dunk . Had to go thru a few Batteries during the testing... days .

All the drones give up the Ghost at some point, but the Mavic 3 was quick to offer the hardware error after the first quick dunk and camera test.

Phantomrain.org
Wow, must be costing a bundle to do these tests to ensure you provide good protection, Kudos to you Coal

So these pods will prevent the aircraft from sinking if they fall out of the sky over water?

Or they will get submerged depending on how fast it fell and crashed into the water but then the pods will bring them back to the surface?

Then you would be able to recover some parts of the aircraft?

Or the aircraft is like done for good but at least you have a better chance to recover the aircraft so that you can salvage some parts?

Or maybe the insurance will be more likely to approve a claim?

Trying to understand if this will prevent the drone from being damaged for good if it crashes into the water. Maybe if it crashed more slowly, it won't get submerged? But in that case, do you need a parachute?

Phantomrain.org
I fly low over the ocean all the time even in windy conditions and still couldn't come up with a good reason to get some floats that would increase the chances of the drone crashing into the ocean on windy days.

Reactions: Ex Coelis and Meta4
If I am not mistaking the idea is be able to recover your drone from the water since will be floating and not sinking. Then you can claim your insurance (refresh) since return the drone in any condition is a most in order to do the claim. In case you completely lose it then will be a flyaway claim that will cost $800 vs the regular claim that cost less.

• Love
So these pods will prevent the aircraft from sinking if they fall out of the sky over water?
That's the aim
Then you would be able to recover some parts of the aircraft?
Only if you can get to where the drone was floating.
Or the aircraft is like done for good but at least you have a better chance to recover the aircraft so that you can salvage some parts?
If your drone goes down in seawater, it's toast and about all you could reuse would be the props and SD card.
In freshwater, you *might* be able to get it working.

Reactions: zeusfl
Yeah chances are you won't have a boat when you fly over water so may be moot whether it sinks or floats.

Would be nice to recover the SD card though.

Phantomrain.org
How does the Landing Light stay on, once the drone is fully drowned, shorting out the battery?

Reactions: Ex Coelis
Dont let your Mavic 3 Sink ! its an expensive lesson. Its a $ 2500 into the Abyss and its Painful .

Unlike the Rescue Jackets that weigh close to 5 Ounces the Mavic 3 Recovery Pods use A Minimum Footprint , A Stream Line Design and weigh under 1.8 ounces
making this a Fantastic Tool to safeguard your drone from sinking into the Abyss.

The Recovery Pods use the same System as the Rescue Jackets and only take a few Seconds to strap in for a Stress Free flight.

Here is an example of how they work under water !
Notice how they Flip upside down allowing for your Landing Light to be the Beacon to help you find your drone.

Email me at [email protected]
We have them in Black: Rescue Red and Neon Blue
There $74.95 for the Forum Members and $64.95 if you get the Wet Suit with them in package deal

Impressive testing but be careful the Phantomrain Testing Laboratory could easily be mistaken for a bathroom and you could find it occupied when wanting to test. Great how you have specifically installed the turbulence jets into the tank to simulate lake/sea suface turbulence, every detail covered 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: Ex Coelis
Lol its always the age old question , Its $2500 worth some creative efforts or will you just kiss it good bye ?

Recently my drone landed on the Roof in an ice storm Took 5 days and a lot of hoops to get it back,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Float on the Water.

Reactions: Capt KO
Lol its always the age old question , Its $2500 worth some creative efforts or will you just kiss it good bye ?

Recently my drone landed on the Roof in an ice storm Took 5 days and a lot of hoops to get it back,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Float on the Water.
Was VERY surprised you submerged like that, that is dedication. Saw the "Karen" video all good entertainment, found myself reaching for the popcorn and taking it in, just like the "Icestorm". Good to maintain a sense of humour in these serious times :)

Trying to understand if this will prevent the drone from being damaged for good if it crashes into the water. Maybe if it crashed more slowly, it won't get submerged? But in that case, do you need a parachute?
(Comment removed by moderator)

The idea is keep your drone from sinking so you can use the DJI Refresh Plan and for many that dont have the Refresh program , SUCH AS MYSELF a chance to recover your drone.

As mentioned many times most drones land in the water a couple hundred ft out because the battery got low and forced it to land, a Painful thing to watch as your drone sinks quickly within seconds.

Grabbing another boater to help, getting a fishing pole with a hook or even spending $100 buck on a raft all work nicely to get your drone back. Unless you just want to just kiss it good bye with a wink.

Here is a video of the Recovery Pod on the Phantom 4 , the heaviest of the drones just to give you an idea as to how it all works when dropping into the water, it just really makes a big splash but does not submerge to far under water..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas