Join Us Now

New news from DJI (Nov 3rd, 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brubaker

Reactions
Mavic Pro Shipping Update, Nov. 3, 2016

Dear DJI Customers:

We owe you an apology for our delays in delivering the new Mavic Pro. We want to thank you for your patience and also advise that we are looking into improving our order process and systems, based largely on your feedback.

When we announced Mavic Pro and began accepting pre-orders, we expected to deliver the first units in mid-October. However, ramping up production to full speed at top quality took longer than planned. Prior to our scheduled shipping target, we encountered an issue integrating a part into the Mavic Pro. We resolved that within a week. On top of that, the excitement for the Mavic Pro beat our expectations. As a result, we are working diligently to ramp up production to meet the higher-than-anticipated demand for the Mavic Pro.

We have been shipping for nearly two weeks, but even with round-the-clock production, we unfortunately cannot give specific delivery estimates for many orders moving through various global sales channels because of this demand. For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks.

Some of you waiting for your Mavic Pro also expressed concern about our immediate billing of pre-orders. We've heard you and are examining potential alternatives with our payment provider.

DJI exists to put amazing technology and innovation into your hands, and we're sorry it's taking so long with Mavic Pro. Our internal systems haven't kept up with the enormous demand for our products, and your enthusiasm for our newest offering is spurring us to improve. We appreciate your understanding and are doing everything we can to get Mavic Pro to you as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

DJI

When/where did this come from. Just checked my order info on my DJI account and the old, vague message from Adam Najberg from weeks ago is all that's there.

6-8 weeks, well i guess an apology will make the problem go away and make the customers happy!!

As someone mentioned before... it would be nice if DJI added some free prop's or a gift card toward accessories or something for the wait.

I personally do not mind the wait, as long as they get it right... better right the first time than having issues. Sending stuff back for warranty is a pain and consts everyone time and money.

When/where did this come from. Just checked my order info on my DJI account and the old, vague message from Adam Najberg from weeks ago is all that's there.
Please see the second post. I linked to DJI's post.

Im out. I paid $2200 on day one here in Australia and not really willing to wait another 2 months. Im going to be asking Rise Above for my money back and take my Inspire in a holiday to Moreton Island for a couple of weeks over Christmas for that money. Ill save up again next year sometime when they eventually get their **** together.

As someone mentioned before... it would be nice if DJI added some free prop's or a gift card toward accessories or something for the wait.
It could happen. Shortly after the P4 was released, they sent many people a DJI store credit that was about the equivalent of the cost of a new P4 battery.

Reactions: Brubaker and Scott
What a sick, sick way the Chinese are running this company. Charging the customer for the purchase at the time of ordering, and not delivering the goods one month after having charged and received the payment. How can you run a company like that!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I paid full price on day one. Plus we already pay a higher price for being in Australia. So if I don't get it for another couple of months, that's over 3 months they have had my $$. I really am finding it hard to maintain positive thoughts on this

I paid full price on day one. Plus we already pay a higher price for being in Australia. So if I don't get it for another couple of months, that's over 3 months they have had my $$. I really am finding it hard to maintain positive thoughts on this

Oh yes, and I'm in Hong Kong, ordered AND paid in full the combo on the 29th of September. DJI are doing nothing but responding with being "so sorry.. so sorry" and DJI are still incapable of providing a delivery date. Pathetic way of running a business.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Im out. I paid $2200 on day one here in Australia and not really willing to wait another 2 months. Im going to be asking Rise Above for my money back and take my Inspire in a holiday to Moreton Island for a couple of weeks over Christmas for that money. Ill save up again next year sometime when they eventually get their **** together.
...or maybe sell the Inspire, get the cash back for the Mavic, wait a few weeks as it looks like the Inspire 2 is going to be announced soon and upgrade. Just don't pre-order. I expect that the demand for the Inspire 2 will be significantly less than the demand the Mavic created (different market) and availability should be less of an issue.

I got the same letter, I ordered mine on 9/28/2016 and it appears all they can tell me is that I can expect it in the next 7 to 8 weeks, whatever, I'd rather get one that is newer and hopefully has had any bugs worked out by the time it's in my hands. It's too cold in interior Alaska to fly it outdoors until late March anyway!

I would think for the latest orders it would be 7 to 8 weeks. For the earliest orders not nearly that long. That would make sense, right??

Yes -- since they ship in the order the orders were placed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143