DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie Hangar 360 question

Ping^Spike

Reactions
Hey everyone,

As a new pilot, I've been looking in awe at the Hangar 360 app.

Can someone just confirm how the process works for me?

I've downloaded the app and it's asking me to connect to the drone.

So is the procedure that I simply turn on the drone, turn on the remote, then launch the Hangar 360 app on my iPad?

I don't need the DJI Go 4 app? Is that right?

The Hangar app somehow connects to my drone and controls the flight?

Is this safe?!??? Handing control of my beloved new purchase over to a third party app?

Advice and reassurance very much welcomed - thanks!

You still need the DJI app on your device, but you may or may not use it when using Hangar 360. I tend to fly the Mavic to where I want it, then switch to Hangar 360 (closing DJI Go completely), for the actual photography process. Then I take back control of the Mavic to land it.

Well, this was half a success :rolleyes:

I did an auto-takeoff and let it hover - then I clicked the Home button on my iPad to close the Go4 app.

That was a nerve-racking moment, I just stood there for a minute with the bird at about 10m and waited to see if anything happened... All good... The RC display changed to "JOYSTICK" so I guess that means I could just fly with the RC on it's own.

Well, I then launched the Hangar 360 app. It connected instantly (and automatically) and it asked if I wanted to stay at 10m or go off up to (I forget the number) height. So I took the plunge and off she went, straight upwards!

It then did what it said it would do and took a whole series of photos (24 I think?), it then came and landed right back where we started from.

PHEW!

It then asked if I wanted to transfer the photos from the Mavic to my iPad, which I did.

It then asked if I wanted to upload them, I said no thanks as my data bill on cellular would have exploded.

When I got home, it asked if I wanted to upload the photos, so I did, it got to 95% and failed (duh).

I tried again, this time it whizzed through the upload, which makes me think it only then uploaded the ones it missed.

The status then changed to "Pending" and it's been there ever since. I've restarted the app, still pending, and over six hours have passed now.

It's not going to work, is it?
:(

It's not going to work, is it?
I had the same thing. Wait 24 hrs and then look again. (It worked for me)
If status is still 'pending' after 24 hrs write an email to tech support.

Meanwhile ... go out and try a few more panos ;-)

Ah right, maybe I'm just being impatient. I though I saw on their site 'within a few minutes'.

I'll check back tomorrow, thanks mate!

I have same issue.... still pending and then unable to process.... first time I contacted support who told me to verify the 4:3 and JPEG setting. I try again today and again in pending for now 6 hours.....

I did a couple 360's last week - It does stay pending for a while, but for me was done by 30 mins.

I kept clicking on the image in the list that was pending/processing and then clicking back out, eventually it showed in the list as Complete.

You can also grab the images off your SD card and use a program such as Auto Pano Giga or PTGui to stitch the images for you.

Reactions: EsiMavic
Not sure to know how to stitch ! Btw I thought I would have a nice 360 to see during holiday ! Dont have a computer here....

I am guessing their server gets busy at the weekends. It should be in a queue and will render soon I would think.

Those programs / apps I mentioned pretty much do it all for you automatically too, but if not at a PC, it's a moot point ;-)

Last edited:
Ok thanks !! Hope you are right ! Will be happy to share a 360 !! And will see how to stitch back home !

I have same issue.... still pending and then unable to process.... first time I contacted support who told me to verify the 4:3 and JPEG setting. I try again today and again in pending for now 6 hours.....

I contacted support and got told the exact same thing! And my settings were already 4:3 JPG!

I'm losing faith in Hangar which is a shame as I see some amazing photos posted here.

Out of interest, what's your setup?

I'm running the latest version of everything, and using an iPad Mini 2, which is where I suspect the problem may lie? Too old a device perhaps?

Nope, same thing here these days, just seems to take days to process.

They started this thing as a marketing tool to attract people to their autopilot app... and I wouldn't be surprised if the resources they dedicated to that free app don't really match the demand anymore and it kinda backfires.

My settings last week were 4:3 RAW if that helps.

I did shoot mine mid-week, around mid-day uk time, so I guess there was less load on their servers at those times. Both times the images were processed within 30 minutes.

Reactions: metamatic
I contacted support and got told the exact same thing! And my settings were already 4:3 JPG!

I'm losing faith in Hangar which is a shame as I see some amazing photos posted here.

Out of interest, what's your setup?

I'm running the latest version of everything, and using an iPad Mini 2, which is where I suspect the problem may lie? Too old a device perhaps?

Was also 4:3 and JPEG ! And I have a IPhone 7 Plus.
Latest version ....

I'm also disapointed with this App..... especially when you see all other pics !!!!

Not working.... cant take the 23 pictures.... too many sun ? Could it be the reason ?

I'm off out for a few to do some flying. Will try my end with Hangar to see if it's a widespread problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121