DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ restrictions and Part 107 unlocking in DJI Go

WeirdBlitzBoy

Reactions
Question:

I was recently in the French Alps and I’d been excited about capturing some epic mountainscapes and other footage, only to realize that the small strip a couple nm away compelled the app to not permit flight.

Had I been Part 107 certified and unlocked as it were would I have been able to take off in France or outside the US? How about in the US?

I, likely going to take the test anyway as it’s pretty straightforward but this restriction was unbelievably untimely.

Thanks

NFZ warnings/restrictions in the DJI app have nothing to do with whether you are commercially certified or not. Those are built into the app as a further safeguard to let you know whether the location is in controlled or uncontrolled space. The warnings will appear for both certified sUAS pilots and non/certified operators.

Yup. That I knew but perhaps in prior releases before DJI moved to Airmaps, you couldn't unlock restricted airspace (blue). Maybe I'm mistaken. If you're Part 107 certified, don't you register that within the app somehow?

I unlocked in a blue coded airspace yesterday to do some aerial shots. Had a 196 ft. height limitation. This area previously had no authorization needed. Today at my house the same unlock was still in affect. Just had to recheck the boxes. Had a 24 hour time limit. I do not have a 107.

I unlock the nfz, I am registered, it tells me im approved for self unlocking and once I go through all the steps it says approved but yet I cannot power up!!! So frustrated as I went to use my new drone deploy and tried powering up from the dji go 4 first to request unlock and nothing!!! over 2 hours wasted! Any help for the future

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo