DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NICK NAMES ?

Mine is very literal. My name is Dave and my house is called Island Barn. Even that is literal: my house is a barn conversion, it sits next to a river on which is an island that I also own. So, lslandBarnDave is who I am.
If I owned an island I'd have the username LongJohnSilver and fly one of these ?‍☠️ in my garden.

If I owned an island I'd have the username LongJohnSilver and fly one of these ?‍☠️ in my garden.
Spookily, given your avatar, I have a flag that includes mine and my wife’s hobbies. It pre—dates my drone but it does include a bottle of wine ?. Love the skull and crossbones flag though... I’ll ask the boss if I can have one of those too.

Spookily, given your avatar, I have a flag that includes mine and my wife’s hobbies. It pre—dates my drone but it does include a bottle of wine ?. Love the skull and crossbones flag though... I’ll ask the boss if I can have one of those too.
Arrrr! nice one me old hearty.?? Coincidentally, many years ago I spend whole summers in one of the cottages on The Copeland Islands, near where I live. I still miss the peace and quiet of island life.

Hi all,
I asked myself how that you invented/choosed your nick names? Some are not easy to figure out! Others are easier, as for example mine: I am Jack43. Jack is my second name and Paul the first one. So I choosed Jack43...43 Is my year of birth!
It would be interesting to know how you created your nickname, thanks for participate ??
Cheers Paul aka Jack43
Jack. as a friend I should tell you that I think you just told the forum 50% of the passwords you use on your computer. Lol. Jk-Howie (Droniac) and my six sons voted it my “handle” that or “HomeDrone”. ??

So mine is A.O. which stands for Agent Orange... NO not that Agent Orange!! I like the color ORANGE and when I bought my last motorcycle it was orange, one of my ridding buddies said "man you are like all Agent Orange" and the name just stuck!!

View attachment 123092
Beautiful ride !! You’re blessed it’s not the other A/Orange. Ride free...

NH RE BROKER? Hmm....not creative either. "New Hampshire Real Estate Broker!!" I am enjoying the other replies....

Reactions: Droniac
SeditThis is a play on the word Seditious. A buddy of mine and I were flipping through the Colorado Revised Criminal Code 2012 and cam up with it as a punk rock song title or band name idea.

Reactions: Rchawks
Back in the '80s, when the crazy comedy shows ruled the airwaves, "Bob & Doug McKenzie" was a pretty popular skit. Of course, being Canadians, they were constantly calling each other "hoser". The shop I worked in at the time had FOUR guys out of 14 named Dave...so everyone got tagged with a nickname. I delighted in calling everyone "Hoser", and a Canadian buddy informed me of what that really meant :0. Anyway, I got tagged as "Hoser, a name that quite a few friends from back then still use when addressing my sorry ***! The "Uncle" part was added later by a dearly departed best friend. I miss those days, and I cherish the friendships.

Back in the '80s, when the crazy comedy shows ruled the airwaves, "Bob & Doug McKenzie" was a pretty popular skit. Of course, being Canadians, they were constantly calling each other "hoser". The shop I worked in at the time had FOUR guys out of 14 named Dave...so everyone got tagged with a nickname. I delighted in calling everyone "Hoser", and a Canadian buddy informed me of what that really meant :0. Anyway, I got tagged as "Hoser, a name that quite a few friends from back then still use when addressing my sorry ***! The "Uncle" part was added later by a dearly departed best friend. I miss those days, and I cherish the friendships.
Hi Uncle Hoser,
that is really a very interesting story about your nick name, thans for participating to my thread ?
cheers Paul aka Jack43

The good old days! SCTV was around then also. My buddies dad is Joe Flaherty from SCTV. It's fun talking to him about all the skits they did.

Reactions: Rchawks
Macmad = Apple Macbook Mad, I used to be a self confessed Apple fan boy, But have now moved onto BMW cars, Dji Drones, Pioneer Dj equipment, and Canon cameras. :oops:.

Reactions: Tentoes
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov