DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NICK NAMES ?

You have to credit my mom with the imagination.

Mom and Dad were very conventional people. Somewhat like respectable hobbits, they would never do anything unusual or unexpected. When they were expecting, they picked out two names, Steven for a boy and Carol for a girl, and figured they had the bases covered. They did not expect me.

They had no idea till we came, a little premature, that there were two boys. Oh, sorry, only one. Mom put off naming me till she could talk to Dad and think about it. They decided to give the late, lamented twin the name they had chosen, and remember him in my name by calling me "Thomas Steven." Thomas means twin, and in 1st century greek culture, when twins were born the first was given a name and the second was Thomas. They'd call me Steve and my formal name would be T. Steven.

But later on, Mom had second thoughts about this. "No, this is not Steve." But she still was not sure I was Tom.

Later, the nurse came in with some papers and asked, "So what are we going to call this little boy?" Mom thought, "this is my last chance. If I don't think of something it's Tom."

Then she said, "Tentoes Steven."

Thinking this was a little odd, the nurse looked to Dad. This was the first he'd heard "Tentoes," but he nodded, and so that's what she wrote down.

I knew I had a weird name, and liked it, but later on, we encountered the problem of a cutesy name, and changed to Thomas. I didn't use my "real" name for 50 years, in fact, it was kindof an embarrassment for a while. Now that I know there's a reason, besides my name, that I'm a little weird, I use it as a nickname.

My avatar is me in my favorite outfit.

Reactions: Rchawks
wow what a very interesting story about your nick name Tentoes, ? I really enjoyed it to read it, thank you for participating ?
cheers Paul

Ariel Tiffany White.

Reactions: Rchawks
Ariel Tiffany White.

Pleased to meet you Ariel.

My wife and I planned to name a daughter Ariel. But we had all boys, so they are Caleb and Ethan.

Reactions: ATW
I do warranty claims assessment. I have been doing this job for a long time and some call me the god of warranty. Many people call me War Rik for this reason...
thanks for your input Rik..?
When I first took up photography and was looking for a name what immidiatly came to mind was my grandfather's small wine company; Bodkin's Best. In honor of his memory I took up the title and made it my own.
oh this is really a good idea for a nickname ?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair