DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NICK NAMES ?

Well... my real name is Václava, which is a name which is kind of made up (there are only few of people with this name). Long story short: my father's name was Václav and he wanted a son, who would get the same name. It somehow didn't work out, so his daughter - me - got a feminized form of the male name (Václav -> Václava). Also there is a mushroom called "václavka" and "Václavka" is also a miniscule of my name. The mushroom's latin name is... yeah, Armillaria.
It actually was a long story long, but who cares. [emoji38]

Well... my real name is Václava, which is a name which is kind of made up (there are only few of people with this name). Long story short: my father's name was Václav and he wanted a son, who would get the same name. It somehow didn't work out, so his daughter - me - got a feminized form of the male name (Václav -> Václava). Also there is a mushroom called "václavka" and "Václavka" is also a miniscule of my name. The mushroom's latin name is... yeah, Armillaria.
It actually was a long story long, but who cares. [emoji38]
Then can we call you Honey? the Armillaria mellea is also called the Honey mushroom!;)

Reactions: Armillaria
It's been a while (2021) since anybody posted so I'd thought about bumping the thread to the new pilots.

What's the story behind the name?

We all sign up to the Forums and may have a reason why we use our names.

I started as SPARK 317 in 2017 since the Spark was my first drone and the area code of central Indiana.

I currently fly the Mavic Air 2, so you guessed it, MA2 317.

Thanks for sharing if you wish. :)

Reactions: Mavikhan
Mark-Walleye.jpg

Wait! That ain't no 64 year old in that picture!

Hi all,
I asked myself how that you invented/choosed your nick names? Some are not easy to figure out! Others are easier, as for example mine: I am Jack43. Jack is my second name and Paul the first one. So I choosed Jack43...43 Is my year of birth!
It would be interesting to know how you created your nickname, thanks for participate ??
Cheers Paul aka Jack43
Felix was a nickname I ended up carrying during childhood. Bloody hated it when I was a kid, but like it enough now to use it as my moniker.

I knew I had a weird name and liked it. In the 1960's, you were supposed to be just like all the other little boys, and I was just a little too much NOT like the other little boys. This had not been a problem in Kindergarten and 1st grade, but was no longer tolerated in 2nd grade, and the teacher made sure my parents were well aware of my numerous daily shortcomings.

I did not know this, but they were planning to move to another town. While they were planning this, they had my name changed. I was a little disappointed to be "Tom" now, but I understood why. This still did not make me just like the other boys, but at least the teachers could not complain about my name any more.

I did not use my original name for 50 years. In fact, for some time I would have been rather embarrassed if someone found out I used to be "Tentoes."

Now, I use it as a funny nickname.

Thanks @MA2 317 for bumping this thread. I've enjoyed reading it, and thank you @Jack43 for starting it. Nothing very creative here: Kevin is my given name and born in '55. So a play on '55 Chevy.

Reactions: Rchawks and MA2 317
I was Dart Vader's wingman back in 77' - man I loved flying those Tie fighters but that was a long, long, long time ago. This is us just before those rebel scum blew up the Death Star. . . . . (hate those guys)!!!!

MeDartSteve.jpg DarthandMe.jpg

Actually ;) . . . . . when I joined another of the "pilots" forums (Yuneec), I had just bought a Typhoon, so I was just simply going to be TyPilot. When I thought about an Avatar, I remembered the name of those Star War fighters being called "Tie Fighters", so I just did a quick google search and my current Avatar popped right up and so it stuck. When I joined Commercial Pilots, and later Mavic Pilots, I just left it the same as there are guys that are here that were on those other forums as well.

I was Dart Vader's wingman back in 77' - man I loved flying those Tie fighters but that was a long, long, long time ago. This is us just before those rebel scum blew up the Death Star. . . . . (hate those guys)!!!!

View attachment 162906 View attachment 162905

Actually ;) . . . . . when I joined another of the "pilots" forums (Yuneec), I had just bought a Typhoon, so I was just simply going to be TyPilot. When I thought about an Avatar, I remembered the name of those Star War fighters being called "Tie Fighters", so I just did a quick google search and my current Avatar popped right up and so it stuck. When I joined Commercial Pilots, and later Mavic Pilots, I just left it the same as there are guys that are here that were on those other forums as well.
Wow, it took you a long time to come from a galaxy far far away!

• Haha
Reactions: Ty Pilot
When I was recovering from a Back Surgery, I staterd playing a online game. took me awhile to come up with a name but finally came up with 13_Dragons for my player name. and Have just kept using the name.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom