DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No AE lock on iPad in Wi-Fi mode

miketegra

Reactions
I was using my Mavic Pro in Wi-Fi mode using DJI GO 4 ver. 4.3.20 with my iPad shooting indoor video with my Katana.
I noticed there is no AE lock option displayed. (camera in auto mode, same thing with manual mode).
I switched to my android phone (Note 8) and the AE lock is displayed.
I checked all the settings on the iPad but doesn't seem to be any related options. IPad has latest iOS installed. Didn't have a chance to try it in RC mode, but I'm pretty sure the AE lock option was there when flying in RC.
Am I missing something here? (other than an AE lock option - hah)

I was using my Mavic Pro in Wi-Fi mode using DJI GO 4 ver. 4.3.20 with my iPad shooting indoor video with my Katana.
I noticed there is no AE lock option displayed. (camera in auto mode, same thing with manual mode).
I switched to my android phone (Note 8) and the AE lock is displayed.
I checked all the settings on the iPad but doesn't seem to be any related options. IPad has latest iOS installed. Didn't have a chance to try it in RC mode, but I'm pretty sure the AE lock option was there when flying in RC.
Am I missing something here? (other than an AE lock option - hah)
I’m not sure about the AE lock button but if you are filming inside just use manual exposure which of course won’t have AE look because by definition exposure is always “locked” in manual mode.

Indoors, your lighting is controlled so you are better off using manual exposure to stop exposure from changing in your scene. Presumably that’s why you are wanting AE lock to begin with.

Thanks for the reply.
I wanted to use the AE lock because the exposure would change as I panned across windows and other light sources. But yes, I did end up going manual to get it right.
Just seems odd that I have the AE lock using my android but not the iPad. I always use the iPad when flying. This is the first time I've used it in Wi-Fi with the Katana.
Hmmmm....

Last edited:
I went flying yesterday and sure enough, in RC mode, the AE lock option is available on the iPad.
So strange that it doesn't appear when in Wi-Fi mode.
If anyone has thoughts on this, I'd love to hear them.

I went flying yesterday and sure enough, in RC mode, the AE lock option is available on the iPad.
So strange that it doesn't appear when in Wi-Fi mode.
If anyone has thoughts on this, I'd love to hear them.

Hi. Sorry to have to ask this but what do you mean by "RC mode"? Thx.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh