DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No HD mode!

gixermark

Reactions
Hi all
Just purchased a set of dji goggles. Carried out all the necessary updates etc ... connected to my air via the usb cable.
All seems ok except I'm unable to change the view to 1080p .... it's stuck on 720p. I've entered the settings and can't see anywhere to change ... I don't get the 5th icon showing HD to allow me to enter the settings where you change to smooth mode etc!
Help!
Bit lost at the moment..I've made sure video settings etc are lower ( not 4k ) and tried switching on / off but to no avail!
Any ideas??

Thanks both ....really annoyed re this as I've read nothing about this. Do you think they are still worth keeping re flying in 720p only? I've watched videos where they say the 1080p is fabulous ... just Interested if it really is that much better or 720p will be ok????

Mavic Air...
Screen Shot 2018-03-04 at 12.19.42 PM✨.png
Mavic Pro...
[3] Using the Mavic Pro, stream wirelessly at 720p/60fps and record video at 720p/120fps
[2] HD mode: 1080p/30fps: near-field with no interference; 720p/30fps: at long range or with interference; Smooth Mode: 720p/60fps

Even with quads that do have 1080 capability, it is only for close up, once you move away from the TX it changes to 720 also.

Also, is it likely dji might do a software update to allow 1080p on the air?
Not likely, as it is part of the transmission. I think if it was possible to do they would have. The Pro has Ocusync which is just about the best consumer connection out there.

Will I notice a difference not being able to fly in 1080p? Or is it not a game changer and 720p will be fine???

Well are you happy with what you see now or not? 720P is already great.

There is about as much reduction in quality between the Pro's 720 and the Air's 720 due to the different compression/transmission system anyway.

Kilrah haven't had a chance to fly yet as the weather has been awful! Only connected and looked via kitchen surface... pretty sure there would be some difference but it's wether it's noticeable or not..

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke