DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

Modified or Unlimited?

Modified. Only mod is battery clip and 2 Multistar 4000 LiHV. Simply ran out of signal. I don't believe it was the hard limit as it was cutting in and out rather than hard cut out like Mavic Pro.

Modified. Only mod is battery clip and 2 Multistar 4000 LiHV. Simply ran out of signal. I don't believe it was the hard limit as it was cutting in and out rather than hard cut out like Mavic Pro.
Does your battery clip cover the upward optical sensor? If so, how did you disable it?

From looking at the airdata output, I think you made the turn, then lost radio?? Were you running any RC radio mods on this flight? I am very curious if this is another artifact of the swept back antennas on the front rotor arms.

From looking at the airdata output, I think you made the turn, then lost radio?? Were you running any RC radio mods on this flight? I am very curious if this is another artifact of the swept back antennas on the front rotor arms.

No, I lost the connection before the turn, but it was coming in an out there. The RTH was triggered automatically due to signal loss. I didn't over-ride because I knew I was running low on battery. Had headwind for return trip. Didn't fly it the best as I should have used sport mode on the way out, but I don't like dealing with throttle modulation. I also flew too fast on return into the wind, but I was watching battery and knew I'd make it.

No, I lost the connection before the turn, but it was coming in an out there. The RTH was triggered automatically due to signal loss. I didn't over-ride because I knew I was running low on battery. Had headwind for return trip. Didn't fly it the best as I should have used sport mode on the way out, but I don't like dealing with throttle modulation. I also flew too fast on return into the wind, but I was watching battery and knew I'd make it.
Nice piloting and recovery sir!!

I hope you’re right about the hard limit. I’m just a little concerned on how your signal went from 100% to 0 right at your max distance. I hope it was just the change of direction of the bird.

IMG_9384.JPG

Reactions: Unknown Caller
I hope you’re right about the hard limit. I’m just a little concerned on how your signal went from 100% to 0 right at your max distance. I hope it was just the change of direction of the bird.

View attachment 47023

That signal score is not all that accurate. Signal was getting weak right before I lost connection. There are some power lines I flew over and right in that area it gets weak. Same with the Mavic Pro 1. If I get another 1000 feet the signal shoots up to 100% right before the limit cuts it. Unfortunately without boosting, I couldn't push though that tough signal spot. Mavic 1 pushes through that area if you go back and watch my limit runs from the past.

That signal score is not all that accurate. Signal was getting weak right before I lost connection. There are some power lines I flew over and right in that area it gets weak. Same with the Mavic Pro 1. If I get another 1000 feet the signal shoots up to 100% right before the limit cuts it. Unfortunately without boosting, I couldn't push though that tough signal spot. Mavic 1 pushes through that area if you go back and watch my limit runs from the past.

Good, that would have sucked if Mavic 2 had a hard limit less than the mp1 and we hit it in less than a month of it release date.

Last edited:
View attachment 47075 View attachment 47077 View attachment 47078

M2 stock record (I think!) 35,759 feet according to (DJI App) 35,845 feet and back (according to Airdata.) 26 min flat!!
Absolutely no modifications , no overcharging tricks! This is a straight up out of the box flight!
I have the screenshot video too if anyone wants to see it. "Banjo's Revenge" turning out to be a monster!!!

Way to go Keith! I knew it wouldn't be long before you took a crack at it. That's just crazy distance for a stock bird.

I'm sorely disappointed by the lack of participants in the suicide class...

Believe It or Not Dave there's actually quite a few of us that do suicide runs. I think everyone is a little gun-shy with the mavic too because of the original mavic couldn't go further than 58500 feet from the controller at any time. Once we've established that there is no hard limit I believe people will be doing Twenty Mile one-way suicide runs with this thing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15