DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

I think the Airdata link from my suicide flight didn't work properly. 75,803ft according to Airdata.

I think the Airdata link from my suicide flight didn't work properly. 75,803ft according to Airdata.

What evidence makes you think the airdata max distance is incorrect?

On another topic, if you have a big tailwind on a suicide run, how much should we increase max speed to gain the most benefit in your opinion?

What evidence makes you think the airdata max distance is incorrect?

On another topic, if you have a big tailwind on a suicide run, how much should we increase max speed to gain the most benefit in your opinion?
The map wouldn't work on the original link I posted. Distance seems right.

Fly by RPMs, 5.7-6k should work well.

Up until yesterday the farthest I have flown was 1800m. Yesterday I got all daring and went a bit over 5600m. It was so exciting I had to do it again, so this morning I managed a 7.2km run with ease!

Spurred on I was thinking that it would be easy to get on the leaderboard so I swapped batteries and and went for it. I got to 9061m (29,725ft) with 64% battery left but the wind has suddenly picked up and I was making slow progress back. I ended up doing an emergency landing 1200m from home.

Kudos to the dudes on the leaderboard, not as easy as it looks....but I will be back!

Up until yesterday the farthest I have flown was 1800m. Yesterday I got all daring and went a bit over 5600m. It was so exciting I had to do it again, so this morning I managed a 7.2km run with ease!

Spurred on I was thinking that it would be easy to get on the leaderboard so I swapped batteries and and went for it. I got to 9061m (29,725ft) with 64% battery left but the wind has suddenly picked up and I was making slow progress back. I ended up doing an emergency landing 1200m from home.

Kudos to the dudes on the leaderboard, not as easy as it looks....but I will be back!
Post the flight details and I'll give my best opinion on it.

Long range flying is definitely not as easy as it looks in videos. Pay attention to your battery % on your test flight and not consumption each way. That will help you estimate distance under those particular wind conditions.

How low did you run the battery?

I hate to say it but there was no planning or test flights. I just got up and thought the wind seemed reasonable and just went for it. A bit silly really. Next time I may go to the beach and fly straight down and back.

Here is the link to the flight:

Also a link to the flight I did before where I managed 23,158ft. My girlfriend was talking to me on the way back and I didn't realise I went off course lol. I'll be more careful next time.

Reactions: Aumoe and beanbubba

Welcome to the club, the bug has bitten you!

Reactions: StevietheWorm
This flight was with a MS 5.2 mah 4s LiHV battery. I was also using the Titan Cyclone. I had some high winds 15-20+mph as a tailwind home. I was expecting the Android App to split my logs (like it did with @Aumoe but it did not. I thought is was about 95,000 feet when it splits the logs on the Mavic Pro!:)

I am submitting this MODIFIED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

Last edited:
So, where are these flights being done? I'm curious because this violates FAA regulations in the US, so what gives? Am I missing something?

This flight was with a MS 5.2 mah 4s LiHV battery. I was also using the Titan Cyclone. I had some high winds 15-20+mph as a tailwind home. I was expecting the Android App to split my logs (like it did with @Aumoe but it did not. I thought is was about 95,000 feet when it splits the logs on the Mavic Pro!:)

I am submitting this MODIFIED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.
Here is the Video for the Flight
Nice run bro

All the leaderboards are now updated with the last 5 eligible flights. Nice work all !!

Reactions: mlash
I had a flight today where the main battery seem to turn off but not really. Single light was blinking and when I turned off external batteries it came back on. It was a good run against strong wind I will post. I did turn drone on with externals

Last edited:
Reactions: mlash
Fellow straight line fliers,

I love good competition and to keep things interesting this holiday season, I am offering a challenge in each class that expires @ 23:59 31DEC2018 GMT. The first one to acheive the challenge in each class within the allotted time will win a new factory M2 battery.

Stock - 39,000 feet
Modified - 60,000 feet
Unlimited - 70,000 feet
Suicide - 100,000 feet

Good luck and happy flying!

@beanbubba

Last edited:
I had a flight today where the main battery seem to turn off but not really. Single light was blinking and when I turned off external batteries it came back on. It was a good run against strong wind I will post. I did turn drone on with externals
That happens when your external batteries start charging the factory battery. Always make sure to top off your main battery and make sure it is at the same or higher temperature as the externals.

Here is the Video for the Flight

Something in the logs is not right, I think it did split some data. The airdata notifications stopped while your bird was 102 feet away. But google earth showed you landed 3 feet from your home point.

1543847228844.png

1543847241399.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian