DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

I will say for an urban test/city with all the interference all the Wi-Fi...4200 I am happy with I think that's a pretty big deal!

Just dropping proof for flight. 1 trip, 1 battery, 1 lift off and 1 land. Round trip with same start and land on drone pad

Attachments

• 076A26A9-ACAC-4CBD-956E-689D1EB93109.jpeg
    076A26A9-ACAC-4CBD-956E-689D1EB93109.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 2FFEBCC2-DEBC-4338-A4B6-4BCFF26C6E6F.png
    2FFEBCC2-DEBC-4338-A4B6-4BCFF26C6E6F.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Reactions: Mike4884
**** how did u do that in 13 minutes? Crazy!

It was guess work. Lake was insanely windy so I kept low and went full sport mode.now I have access to this area so I want to see what I can do with this when the temp isn’t brutally cold. Lost close to a quarter batter with the temp but. Captured some nice shots.
Just dropping proof for flight. 1 trip, 1 battery, 1 lift off and 1 land. Round trip with same start and land on drone pad
**** how did u do that in 13 minutes? Crazy!

Attachments

• 8D4F7137-784B-4E87-901F-9D41062A2B27.jpeg
    8D4F7137-784B-4E87-901F-9D41062A2B27.jpeg
    406.4 KB · Views: 34
Sure would like to see some video of that flight.
Can you post one up?

Can u put up a log from dji phantom log viewer? Not saying I don't believe you but that sure is impressive for 13 minutes. If I attempted that in sport mode I would not have made it.... maybe being low definitely helped...

Edit. So obviously you only had 2600m one way it makes sense seems like there was a lot of wind and sport mode killed your battery fast. 5200m for a total means u depleted battery way to fast in sport mode only netting u 13 min... for a second there I thought you did 5200 one way!

Last edited:
Something I just realized....jameslavis u have a 5200 meters for round trip! That is why it was only completed in 13 minutes it makes sense now ...when we talk about distance runs we mean going out one way. This is how it's always been done on every forum...basically how far can u go one way...put up proof .... then make it home. You have to make it home though for it to count.... for reference my last flight was 4219m ONE WAY came home also ....so total flight was 8438m.....so in reality your distance run was more like 2600m...with a total of 5200m ....we want one way figures. And u have to make it back

Last edited:
Mad props then to the top cat running 10000m+ round trip. Christ.
Beautiful pic non the less. I still would like to see your video of the flight.
I know it must be even more impressive than just going for distance.;)

Mad props then to the top cat running 10000m+ round trip. Christ.
Yes ...now u see. Jb got over 11,000m round trip:eek: It is pretty impressive to do. You definitely have to plan, watch the wind, watch speed, and keep a constant eye on battery. It looks like you have a nice spot for distance runs so go for it again. This time try to go out as far as you can. But plan enough battery for return trip.

Well, everything is not always going as planned, had to emergency land 500m short from home, due to a poor (power consuming) turn and unexpected behaviours form 10% battery life. I guess this can count as a very poor "one way" atempt.....[emoji23]
IMG_1807.JPGImage1520771667.061710.jpg

Last edited:
Crazy jb u really are pushing the limits bro! Pretty awesome that u got over 6000m out

I MUST ask this of American pilots......
WHY do some of you feel a need to use Metric? To be honest, we are not impressed.

Crazy jb u really are pushing the limits bro! Pretty awesome that u got over 6000m out

Thanks!
This was meant to be just a test run going in sports mode out to 4k, i wanted to see if i could pin an optimal speed around 45 kph, but at 4k i thought "wtf, lets just go to 6k and see what happens...." Wet and cold feet was what happend, had to walk 400-500m through 35 cm of snow to retrieve it....[emoji23] [emoji23]

Reactions: Mike4884
Using Metric in our country will Never impress us Americans...... sorry. Some accept it, some don’t
Kinda like trying to force soccer on us.

will Never impress us Americans
No need to impress anyone here.
The rules of this thread states clearly:
The list is displayed in Meters to help keep the board simple and organized.
So, if the organizer/creator of this thread wants the distance in furlongs. no problems here (Non-American speaking)

Reactions: r0mko
Using Metric in our country will Never impress us Americans...... sorry. Some accept it, some don’t
Kinda like trying to force soccer on us.
U do know our military uses metric right? And who cares anyway man....no need to try to impress anyone.

Reactions: TroutboyNZ
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23