Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

look at this omg 8w booster
b.jpg

Reactions: Mike4884
look at this omg 8w booster
b.jpg
It’s huge like VERY big, but on a large 14dbi or similar panel antenna you might like these. I saw someone running two of these on a 4 antenna setup. 2 14dbi panels and 2 16dbi yagi.

5.8 Ghz and auto channel mode.
Maybe I'm missing it, but the only way I can get it into 5.8GHz is to do Custom and pick a 5.8 channel. How do you set it up to be 5.8 only w/ auto? Thanks for all your help!!

Maybe I'm missing it, but the only way I can get it into 5.8GHz is to do Custom and pick a 5.8 channel. How do you set it up to be 5.8 only w/ auto? Thanks for all your help!!

Yes, go into custom, pick a 5.8 channel, e.g. 165, then select auto.
Done.

Reactions: mattvandyk
I am hoping for the first battery mods to start for the Air.
I have been searching for someone to start the process.
No one has started or even try it. At least not yet. If you got a video or even some pics of opening the MA battery for possible mod, please post your findings.
Thanks, DM.:cool:

Reactions: lolo780
Still waiting on my 4Hawks :( I was supposed to get it Friday it was actually about 5 miles from my house and then USPS decided to send it on a journey to California all the way across the country! The day it was supposed to be delivered....gotta love usps.... thinking about going boosted with the 4hawks Sr I want something badass, but portable/not to big....anyway just waiting on package it says it's on its way back hopefully I get it soon.... once I get my antenna I will start looking at a boosted setup....i guess i will need a sunhans 2.4 and 5.8 setup?

Still waiting on my 4Hawks :( I was supposed to get it Friday it was actually about 5 miles from my house and then USPS decided to send it on a journey to California all the way across the country! The day it was supposed to be delivered....gotta love usps.... thinking about going boosted with the 4hawks Sr I want something badass, but portable/not to big....anyway just waiting on package it says it's on its way back hopefully I get it soon.... once I get my antenna I will start looking at a boosted setup....i guess i will need a sunhans 2.4 and 5.8 setup?
They sell dual frequency boosters you just gotta switch the cabling each time.

Thought I would start this thread simply because there has always been one on each forum within the Drone Pilots Network.
As time moves forward, antenna and controller modifications will become the norm with the MA..
As many of us know, we don’t expect huge distances or range from the MA, however we will see it and it will most likely exceed DJI’s official range specifications.
Please post your best here. Please be sure to add what mods or extra gear you have used to achieve the best distance and range from your Mavic Air.
I know many of us will try to push this little aircraft to it’s max!, Battery permitting for out of box..
Here is what I need to keep the board up to date.
If you would like to be added, please post the following:

• Screenshot showing the maximum distance from home point, either from the DJI Go App, Litchi, or Air Data.
  • A flight log will prove your flight, but is not required for the board.
  • Screenshot of you making it back to home point.
  • Please describe the flying environment, such as tree interference, hills, buildings, etc.
  • What type of mods, if any, such as antenna upgrades, battery mods, etc.
  • Tag me in the post so that I get a notification. @Long Ranger if you want to be added.
The list is displayed in Meters to help keep the board simple and organized.
Good Luck Pilots!

[ Top 10 Stock Without Modification ]

[ Rank# - Member - Max Distance - Post # ]

#1 - JB999 - 5362M - #165

#2 - jstefanop - 4926M - #141

#3 - Ozziebattler - 4869M - #189

#4 - Keule - 4771M - #201

#5 - DustinDunnill - 4605M - #124

#6 - Mike4884 - 3998M - #58

#7 - dwallersv - 3996M - #96

#8 - Sal_recon26 - 3970M - #107

#9 - JayS - 3777M - #2

#10 - Drone1aerial - 2488M - #186

[ Top 10 With Modifications ]

[Rank# - Member - Max Distance - Mods - Post #]

#1 - JB999 - 5516M - 4Hawks Raptor SR - #159

@Long Ranger
I was going for 5800m today, but had to turn earlier since my calculatations were slightly off, at least i added a few meters to the previous personal record.

IMG_1797.JPGIMG_1798.JPG

Is there any benifitto wifi boosters. As I see it yes you will be able to contole drone further. But if you do this it will be so far away that there will be not enough power for the return journey.

@Long Ranger
I was going for 5800m today, but had to turn earlier since my calculatations were slightly off, at least i added a few meters to the previous personal record.
View attachment 32710View attachment 32711
Did you see that one guys range test on YouTube where he goes out 5800 meters! Then has to land at 3000m away LOL because he ran out of battery! don't be this guy! Lol Although u did have more battery at 5500 m or close to it. It will be close! ;) it looks like you are pretty close with the stock battery to its limits you might be able to get a little farther with better conditions just be careful especially with taken the battery down that far all the time and reusing it...my buddy had a bad experience always doing range tests with his Phantom 3 while he would bring his batteries down to 0% just about every time.....well one time his battery crapped out on him while in the air. Turns out after looking at his flight logs it was his battery.. and the deviation caused by over discharging his batterys over time....Anyways impressive range dude!

Last edited:
Did you see that one guys range test on YouTube where he goes out 5800 meters! Then has to land at 3000m away LOL because he ran out of battery! don't be this guy! Lol Although u did have more battery at 5500 m or close to it. It will be close! ;)

Yeah, i saw that guys attempt...;)
My calculation was to reach 5,8 km with 45% battery left, i had stats from a previous "data gathering" flight just 15 minutes earlier supporting this, and also that i would make it back from 5,8 km to land around 0-2%. I guess that the wind was playing tricks on me even though it was close to no wind at all on both flights... The big difference for me vs that other guy, is that i can emergency land basically anywhere between 200m-5200m, as you can see from the videos. So far i have only had to do it once, but having that option really makes you a lot braver compared to flying over water or woodlands....:)

Did you see that one guys range test on YouTube where he goes out 5800 meters! Then has to land at 3000m away LOL because he ran out of battery! don't be this guy! Lol Although u did have more battery at 5500 m or close to it. It will be close! ;) it looks like you are pretty close with the stock battery to its limits you might be able to get a little farther with better conditions just be careful especially with taken the battery down that far all the time and reusing it...my buddy had a bad experience always doing range tests with his Phantom 3 while he would bring his batteries down to 0% just about every time.....well one time his battery crapped out on him while in the air. Turns out after looking at his flight logs it was his battery.. and the deviation caused by over discharging his batterys over time....Anyways impressive range dude!
hellow.. any news on your Raptor SR ? eagerly waiting for your test and report :)

Finally usps got it to me....everything was a breeze as far as taking remote apart and putting new antenna in.. should be testing with in a few days

Attachments

• 20180305_165505.jpg
    20180305_165505.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 57
  • 20180305_165512.jpg
    20180305_165512.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 55
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads