DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

Using Metric in our country will Never impress us Americans...... sorry. Some accept it, some don’t
Kinda like trying to force soccer on us.
Well, I am American and use both measurements metric and standard.
The metric system is used in way more countries around the world anyway.
Personally, I feel it is more simple to use metric readings on the board.
Less clutter and digits.

Using Metric in our country will Never impress us Americans...... sorry. Some accept it, some don’t
Kinda like trying to force soccer on us.

As an American, I thank you for never claiming to speak for me. You don't know me, my friends, my colleagues, or anything about my life. If you personally aren't impressed by something, you are plenty able to speak for yourself, but don't pretend to be any sort of authority or spokesperson.

Reactions: basitmustafa
Does anyone know how the parabolic windsurfers due on the Mavic Air? I’m going to Colorado on the 16th and might not be able to get the 4Hawks yet, but want some help.

I MUST ask this of American pilots......
WHY do some of you feel a need to use Metric? To be honest, we are not impressed.
DJI programs in metric and it's much easier to deal with parameters in m/s. For example I set go_home_idle_vel to 15 and auto landing L1 and L2 to -1 I know I can have a smooth glide in at 15:1, making the most efficient use of remaining battery power.

Reactions: basitmustafa
15,186 ft! Or 4628 m.....didnt make it home tho :(

Attachments

• 20180311_210100.jpg
    20180311_210100.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 24
Well I ordered the patabolic antenna thing, I’ll do tests either this week or next week

I MUST ask this of American pilots......
WHY do some of you feel a need to use Metric? To be honest, we are not impressed.

Because regardless of where you live, assuming you're comfortable with the units/have a feel for them (which a lot of us do), a system like metric based on factors of 10 still makes a *lot* more sense.

Reactions: lolo780
Wow! Good attempt Mike. We’re you able to retrieve your MA?
Yes....she is safe and sound ;) wind at ground was 3 mph but 33 ft up was 15mph! Should have planned better and checked wind forecast or uav app...lesson learned

Well I ordered the patabolic antenna thing, I’ll do tests either this week or next week
I had ordered a pair about 8 months ago for my MP’s just to try them out.
However, they turned out to be crap for Ocusync. I have not had the chance to try them with the Air yet as weather here has not let me fly for about a month now. Very high winds non stop. Hope to have a chance soon.
Let us know what kind of results you get.

they turned out to be crap for Ocusync
Yes, i made the same experience with the MP and Ocusync.
I did 2 test runs with the MA in the 5.8 GHz spectrum and i felt the signal strength lasted a bit longer with the windsurfer style antennas.
After that i decided to get me the 4Hawks antenna. :cool:

Yes....she is safe and sound ;) wind at ground was 3 mph but 33 ft up was 15mph! Should have planned better and checked wind forecast or uav app...lesson learned
Excellent! Good to hear. I was a bit concerned as it is a risk to take.
Hopefully with some battery mods just around the corner, the risk won’t be so bad.

I had ordered a pair about 8 months ago for my MP’s just to try them out.
However, they turned out to be crap for Ocusync. I have not had the chance to try them with the Air yet as weather here has not let me fly for about a month now. Very high winds non stop. Hope to have a chance soon.
Let us know what kind of results you get.
I have heard that they work like magic on the spark, but not so friendly to OcuSync. We will see how it improves the enhanced WiFi.

Does anyone know how the parabolic windsurfers due on the Mavic Air? I’m going to Colorado on the 16th and might not be able to get the 4Hawks yet, but want some help.
I went 15,305ft with them, could have gone a bit more, chickened out because of the battery, but still landed with 13%

Updated with flight log.
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Last edited:
Because regardless of where you live, assuming you're comfortable with the units/have a feel for them (which a lot of us do), a system like metric based on factors of 10 still makes a *lot* more sense.
Yes, makes more sense but I was raised and learned on the (old fashioned) Imperial measures

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky