DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro "Outback" Australia-new version

christangey

Reactions
Site
www.alicespringsfilmtv.com.au
The Australian Outback is at once familiar... yet other-worldly strange.
6 months ago I posted this short film, I hope you enjoy the totally re-edited cinematic version.

Chris - that was phenomenal! Being in the US, my understanding was the "Outback" was a desolate 'No Man Land' - you showed it isn't. Sure parts look dry but most of it was very beautiful country. Waterfalls, bodies of water, wildlife. You even captured those two kangaroos watching your drone before hopping off! Thanks for sharing this! It was a pleasure watching!

Chris - that was phenomenal! Being in the US, my understanding was the "Outback" was a desolate 'No Man Land' - you showed it isn't. Sure parts look dry but most of it was very beautiful country. Waterfalls, bodies of water, wildlife. You even captured those two kangaroos watching your drone before hopping off! Thanks for sharing this! It was a pleasure watching!
Thanks Prop, I think Americans don't realise how big Australia is, it is basically the same as the USA, (minus Alaska) so, like your beautiful country, covers a lot of different latitudes. Our ski-fields in winter have more snow coverage than the whole of Switzerland for example! Yes I must admit a kangaroo jumping towards and under you is not a shot you see very day! Thanks for your kind words.

Very (very) nice Chris, recognised SO many places I've 4x4d and walked over the years.
I bet! There's quite a bit of South Oz in there, starting with the opening shot of Lake Eyre. Btw I left the horizon curve on that one deliberately as I kind of liked the "surface of Jupiter" look I was getting ?

Reactions: NedKelly
the opening shot of Lake Eyre. Btw I left the horizon curve on that one deliberately as I kind of liked the "surface of Jupiter" look I was getting

I've flown Lake Eyre both with drone and in a light plane on a custom William Ck tour flight, incredible place.
Was the horizon curve natural, or did the drone camera have a very subtle fisheye ?
If so, which drone was this scene shot with ?

Reactions: christangey
I've flown Lake Eyre both with drone and in a light plane on a custom William Ck tour flight, incredible place.
Was the horizon curve natural, or did the drone camera have a very subtle fisheye ?
If so, which drone was this scene shot with ?
All aerials are shot on the M2P in HLG format. All shots need to have lens correction in this mode unless you choose not to! You can do it with a drag and drop plugin on Final Cut Pro X, or in DaVinci Resolve, for example, you can make a preset of +1.45.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Beautifully done again Chris. A great showcase of what our country has to offer.
Can’t wait to get back on the road again once travel restrictions are lifted.

Great video and scenery, the only place I havn't been to in Oz.
It's a bit hard to know when you have, as the "outback" has never really been defined and seems to be just about anywhere inland these days, so maybe you have been!

Reactions: TommyP
Wikipedia has a good definition for ‘the Outback’ - pretty much anywhere more remote than ‘the bush’. And ‘the bush’ being any area remote of urban settlements.

Wikipedia has a good definition for ‘the Outback’ - pretty much anywhere more remote than ‘the bush’. And ‘the bush’ being any area remote of urban settlements.
Actually that is pretty good!

Beautifully done again Chris. A great showcase of what our country has to offer.
Can’t wait to get back on the road again once travel restrictions are lifted.
Thanks Skyhigh!

The Australian Outback is at once familiar... yet other-worldly strange.
6 months ago I posted this short film, I hope you enjoy the totally re-edited cinematic version.

BEAUTIFUL!!! What a masterpiece. Thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. Well done. The flying was slow and smooth, the variation of subjects, including the wildlife, were wonderfully added, and I felt a real connection to the Outback. Especially memorable were the emus, kangaroos, and small lizards. Music choice was excellent, as was the expert editing. Five stars!

I think I'll eat at the Outback tonight.

Dale
Miami

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member