DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Parameter Modding for MM?

I used D-H to increase max tilt angle in S mode to 40° and 35° in P mode on my Mini with FW vs 1.0.4 and can with out a doubt say that it does allow the drone to fight the wind MUCH better than the stock settings. I was flying around yesterday in 8-15mph winds gusting to 29mph (not something I would recommend to anyone prior to gaining knowledge and experience in flying in weather with the knowledge that the drone could fly away at any time and be lost forever) and was actually able to maintain SOME (2-3mph) forward movement in S mode with a 29+mph headwind. I also observed the drone exceeding advertised max speed at 34+mph on a downwind leg, right stick full forward, of course. Again this is NOT something I would recommend for everyone. I live in an area where the wind blows on most days and was out intentionally flying in this weather to see what the best max tilt angle is to fight the wind and how it would respond. It's a win for me since I also live in a mountainous region and once in a while need to be able to punch out of a bad situation since winds around mountains are typically variable and almost always stronger. Just wish the mini RC had a switch on it to change these modes more quickly than tapping the screen of my iPad. (Note: even though I also increased max tilt angle for P mode I was in enough wind to not try it out due to the time it takes to switch modes should I have needed to).

Note: Increasing max tilt angle WILL increase the noise of the Mini but to me it's negligible compared to the gain in the ability to fight wind. It also makes the bird quite a bit more responsive to stick movement so be prepared for that if you're looking to make this mod. I also do not recommend increasing the angle more than 40°. Also, as with any time flying in windy conditions, always fly out INTO the wind so that if in the event of a blow away it's blowing towards you and not further away, giving you time to get it lower as it "returns to home" unintentionally. I try to do this with my M2P/M2Z as well even though they are capable of dealing with more wind than the mini.

Does anyone have a cheat-sheet for which parameter does what for the Mini, MA2 and/or M2Z/P? I would be interested in something of that nature if it exists. Some of the parameter names are intuitive yet many aren't.

.0500 firmware restricted max tilt to 30deg (.0400 allowed much higher tilt angles such as 40, 60deg. Not sure if there is a limit on that) I'd expect the same max tilt of 30deg in .0500 has been carried forward into .0600 though can't confirm, as I don't want to install .0600 in case there's a rollback lock.

Reactions: tigiy
@scro do I understand you correctly and that you are saying it is not possible to point the Mavic Mini's gimbal vertically downward if on .500 firmware?
I have to say I think the commanded upward limit with my Mavic Mini is less than 30deg ( though I am not absolutely certain that is correct ) but I am running old firmware. It may be able to go 'beyond' that in response to drone pitching.

@scro do I understand you correctly and that you are saying it is not possible to point the Mavic Mini's gimbal vertically downward if on .500 firmware?
I have to say I think the commanded upward limit with my Mavic Mini is less than 30deg ( though I am not absolutely certain that is correct ) but I am running old firmware. It may be able to go 'beyond' that in response to drone pitching.
I was talking about the drone body tilt (ie for accelerating fwd/back etc). I'm assuming that's what tigiy was referring to too. Stock is 30deg max limit in any direction in S mode. Fw .0400 can be tweaked to increase this and results in a good bit faster acceleration. I've yet to get any appreciable increase on top speed though. Fw .0500 limits the tilt to 30deg max.

The gimbal can be manually controlled to look up 20deg, and down -90 deg, but can automatically compensate a mit more than this, ie up to 30deg upwards and -110 deg downwards. Roll compensation is +/- 35 deg.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada