DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 License (US) and Advanced Operations Certificate (Canada)

Papa Beach

Reactions
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
I am wondering if anyone has both of these licenses and if so, which they found more difficult (material-wise) to pass. I have the Advanced and even though I am also a pilot, I found the exam quite challenging. As I always enjoy expanding knowledge, I am thinking of trying for the 107 if I can as a Canadian, especially since we spend a good portion of our winters in California.

I did a lot of studying and took a community college class to pass the 107 test. But I've got no flying background. If you know sectional charts, weather information, airport operations, it should not be too hard. But do take some of the practice tests online.

Reactions: Papa Beach
I am wondering if anyone has both of these licenses and if so, which they found more difficult (material-wise) to pass. I have the Advanced and even though I am also a pilot, I found the exam quite challenging. As I always enjoy expanding knowledge, I am thinking of trying for the 107 if I can as a Canadian, especially since we spend a good portion of our winters in California.

You can take this course as a "Self Study Module" that will give you a good idea of what Part 107 looks like.

From the description on the page:

Part 107 sUAS Recurrent – Non-Part 61 Pilots Introduction

Others may take this training as a self-study resource, including:

• Aviation Safety Inspectors (ASIs)
  • Anyone interested in learning more about 14 CFR part 107

Reactions: Papa Beach
You can take this course as a "Self Study Module" that will give you a good idea of what Part 107 looks like.

From the description on the page:

Part 107 sUAS Recurrent – Non-Part 61 Pilots Introduction

Others may take this training as a self-study resource, including:

• Aviation Safety Inspectors (ASIs)
  • Anyone interested in learning more about 14 CFR part 107
So, I assume no problem with a Canadian obtaining a 107 then? Appreciate the link, thanks. I had hoped to reach someone who had both the Canadian and US licenses but perhaps no one has.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31