DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107: Why do you want to fly recreationally?

kensteele

Reactions
Can someone please explain why a licensed part 107 pilot would seek to fly under recreational rules? You can still fly for fun all you want as a part 107 but my question "is there a part 107 burden that you are seeking to circumvent?"

? We can fly and have it both ways. Only difference is having to go through the steps if we are making money, not a big deal for me but perhaps for those who fly in more congested places.

i get that but there is no both ways. there's 107 and then there is an exception. it doesn't really have anything to do with making money does it? you can be excepted from part 107 if you meet the conditions. my question is why does a 107 pilot seek to be excepted from part 107 for a flight?

Less paperwork and/or paper trail?

i get that but there is no both ways. there's 107 and then there is an exception. it doesn't really have anything to do with making money does it? you can be excepted from part 107 if you meet the conditions. my question is why does a 107 pilot seek to be excepted from part 107 for a flight?
When there were less restrictions on recreational pilots it made more sense if you were flying recreationally even if you were a 107 pilot to choose to fly under recreational rules. With the new changes to recreational rules it makes less sense now.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas