DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pay attention! (I didn’t)

Hey Starz Thumbswayup, hope you're well mate.

I've also had a chip on a prop after a few totally clean flights. I hand launch/catch the Mini. Couldn't work it out but my best guess was insect strikes?

Let us know if you get an update from DJI.
Long time no hear! Left front? Only one of the two props gets nicked? Ever hear an odd clicking sound as it flys off?
Certainly not bugs on mine. Clearly hits the top of the arm.

Hi, high winds yesterday and I could hear the props catching the body! Very interested to hear DJI’s response
Prop damage visible? And mine has never seen high winds, so I can’t claim that as the cause for me.
Tracking shows they will have it in there hands today. Not sure how many boxes of stuff in front of mine.

Tracking now shows delivered at 10 this morning.
Update
now showing “conducting damage assessment”

Last edited:
Reactions: TDZHDTV
So here’s what they just sent. Now keep in mind that I sent with the mini, the two damaged props so they could see what was happening and the mark on the arm where they hit is clearly visible. 2A605325-2830-4770-8AF3-6A89094317D2.jpeg

Bummer. I would press the issue though.
I’m not surprised by this response, the Mini design is flawed and the props can strike the body, imagine if DJI acknowledged this fact, how would they deal with the 1000’s of Mini sold? Even if they were able to resolve with a new designed prop, would they send out to all customers? Thanks for keeping use all in the loop, I think I’m going to look into those screw mounted prop covers and elevate the props above the body a few millimetres. You should get something going on the DJI forum also and try turn up the heat on DJI.

Pretty much what I was thinking. If DJI was to acknowledge this issue,that could be somewhat overwhelming for them. So, here’s the plan.
1. I’ll wait to see what shows up in the box. Could very well be a new mini.
Serial number and no mark on the arm will be the clues.
2. If it’s the original, tall motor covers were ordered last week and try that route.
3.If number two doesn’t work, classified here I come and piece the thing off. Batteries are in short supply.
4. New mini? Option 1. Fly it and hope for the best.
Option 2. Package it up as new and sell it off.
Time will tell.

Reactions: pelagic_one
its clear, was a problem of warranty, they will send to you a new one, my advice for you is to buy care refresh with the new serial number, i did it

Reactions: pelagic_one
Well I’ve just fitted the Sunnylife screw on motor covers to raise the props above the AC body. I was initially impressed, however I fitted a set of props to the cover expecting the prop screw to bottom on the die casting, it didn’t and the prop jams. I then fitted to cover to the motor and fitted the props, this time the screw bottomed out, although I’m not sure the screw shoulder has bottomed or the tread on the motor housing, I suspect the latter. Hovered inside and Mini was stable. I was initially concerned by blocking air flow, but looking at the Spark it’s fairly closed off. I need weather to improve to test outdoors.

Attachments

• AF72BA27-665B-4879-A296-C03E5ADD244B.jpeg
    AF72BA27-665B-4879-A296-C03E5ADD244B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
  • 912F783D-5276-4298-A531-CA82B53B7061.jpeg
    912F783D-5276-4298-A531-CA82B53B7061.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
  • 6C76A98D-1F49-416F-99B3-EAA23FCA4CEE.jpeg
    6C76A98D-1F49-416F-99B3-EAA23FCA4CEE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
  • 96AD7409-1A13-47A3-9ABC-2E0F4C0D769C.jpeg
    96AD7409-1A13-47A3-9ABC-2E0F4C0D769C.jpeg
    836.7 KB · Views: 52
I'm pretty sure the screws are supposed to bottom out on the shoulder. Likely the covers have the threads recessed too far. The threads should so all the way up to the surface. There's just no tolerance for how high the screws need to stick up.

Odd that I was informed that there isn’t anything wrong with the mini and it’s showing still under repair. Glitch in the information chain?5FDFF969-ADEA-4565-AD32-456BB92E4919.png

Probably what I’ll do is let them send it back. I‘ll see what props are back in the package. At that point, whatever props I have to work with will be used to replicate the issue until I run out of props and send it all back again along with a note that says their team may need a bit more training.
I sent with the mini the two damaged props that I had. Certainly with the damaged props and the visible mark of the left front arm, the evidence is there for them to see. I’m not sure how much flying they did with it, but when I found the problem, the prop was removed and sent the mini off again. Took one flight for the prop strike to occur again.
I really wasn’t expecting them to admit the issue exists and I’m not opposed to providing a bit more ammunition for the battle that may present itself in the near future.
I do like their products and hope they continue to build for the future, but this one isn’t one that will stay long in my little fleet.

My prop clearances look similar to GerdS and I have not had any contact with the body...suggest those with issue post picture similar to what GerdS posted...also you can just take a picture of it hovering you see the clearance...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman