DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pay attention! (I didn’t)

I’m surprised I haven’t seen any after market strengthening sleeves pop up on eBay yet. If I didn’t have my warranty to maintain I’d be tempted to remove the front foam filler, grease the cable where it enters the AC body and file the arms with epoxy resin or silicone.
I’m thinking along the same idea. The front arm being hollow may be the culprit. I’ll be looking at what to use as a stiffening plate.
They do have a lot of flex the way they are now.

Reactions: Capt KO and TDZHDTV
Doesn’t seem to be a similar issue at all. The mavic pro in this thread had some form of contact with something. The issue on mine is self inflicted.

Reactions: Thomas B
Hey Starz,
So far so good with my mini. I keep checking but have found no damage yet. DJI has a problem, they can’t release any fix that adds weight. It’s gonna be interesting seeing the solutions people come up with to keep flying, and not void the warranty. Some kind of removable 3-D printed reinforcement rod attached to the arm(s)? Or, How about those aluminum CNC motor caps that hold the props up a little higher? Those ideas and more, sadly.

Come on DJI! Gonna be a Lotta returns

There seems to be one after market solve for this --> raise the clearance of the props by adding one mm thru the below. Look at photos 3/4/5.

Rs. 218.69 20%OFF | Upgrade 4PCS Aluminium DJI Mavic Mini Motor Cover Cap Drone Dust-proof Waterproof Protector Motor Caps Protective Accessory

There seems to be one after market solve for this --> raise the clearance of the props by adding one mm thru the below. Look at photos 3/4/5.

Rs. 218.69 20%OFF | Upgrade 4PCS Aluminium DJI Mavic Mini Motor Cover Cap Drone Dust-proof Waterproof Protector Motor Caps Protective Accessory

Apart from the obvious increase in weight, taking it over 250g, might there be any other negative effects on the drone? Overheating of the motors, maybe?

Surely DJI had a reason for leaving the motors open, as they are.

Those covers will not lift the props, you would need to use these to gain clearance.7ADB2FFD-A829-4958-B93C-2BE69F6E4AEC.jpeg

Reactions: netsonic
I’m going to give those a whirl. Can’t hurt in a test flight that will only last a few minutes. I did install new props and in one 17 minute flight, it came back with a damaged prop In stock configuration. Probably will be a while on shipping for the adapters.would love to know how DJI will be dealing with this little bug.

Reactions: Capt KO
I’m going to give those a whirl. Can’t hurt in a test flight that will only last a few minutes. I did install new props and in one 17 minute flight, it came back with a damaged prop In stock configuration. Probably will be a while on shipping for the adapters.would love to know how DJI will be dealing with this little bug.
If they acknowledge the issue it will be interesting, they may redesign the props and then what, free issue replacement props to all those that have purchased the a Mini?.... I doubt it.

I like the look of the covers, only concern would be running temps. I’m not familiar with brushless motors, I don’t know how hot they run.

In your case I would contact DJI for a warranty repair or exchange. That's for sure not normal and there must be another issue with your MM, maybe the open arms have a wrong angle because a manufacturing fault.

In your case I would contact DJI for a warranty repair or exchange. That's for sure not normal and there must be another issue with your MM, maybe the open arms have a wrong angle because a manufacturing fault.
That is on my list. I’ll update when available.

If they acknowledge the issue it will be interesting, they may redesign the props and then what, free issue replacement props to all those that have purchased the a Mini?.... I doubt it.

I like the look of the covers, only concern would be running temps. I’m not familiar with brushless motors, I don’t know how hot they run.
Haven’t seen these little spinners generate a bunch of heat to get real concerned about, but I’ll deal with that at some point. First step will be DJI support.

Reactions: TDZHDTV
Will be a story I’m sure. I’m guessing they are going to want the mini in their hands to check for crash status. This little bugger has seen nothing but air and very few sport modes. I didn’t buy it for speed at all knowing the specs.

Hey Starz Thumbswayup, hope you're well mate.

I've also had a chip on a prop after a few totally clean flights. I hand launch/catch the Mini. Couldn't work it out but my best guess was insect strikes?

Let us know if you get an update from DJI.

No response at all from DJI support. Thought I would check that route first. Waste of time. Created a repair ticket and stuck it in a box and sent it off to Cerritos. Box was dropped off at the main ups facility.
The wait begins.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman