DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pay attention! (I didn’t)

If you haven’t seen this one.

With your "guage", the green arrow prop is higher by one line than the other.
Are both props on that motor showing same height?

Measuring from a table top to get a distance from table top to tip of each blade on each motor.
Results show. Left front variation of 1.5 mm
Right front variation of .5 mm
Left rear variation of 2 mm
Right rear variation of 4 mm

Update on my mini.
After flying again when I got it back from repair facility and letting them know the issue still persists, they want it back for round two.
Going to UPS on Monday.

Reactions: TDZHDTV
Update on my mini.
After flying again when I got it back from repair facility and letting them know the issue still persists, they want it back for round two.
Going to UPS on Monday.
Point (7) will be of interest

The number seven works if you are close enough to hear the clicking noise. Beyond a few hundred feet I’ve not been able to hear it click. At that point, just physical damage to inspect when it get to the ground. I’m leaning towards the material that dji used on these props. My opinion is they are too flexible.

From all that is said, my guess is the LHF motor has either a slightly cross threaded screw or the dye in the factory has not cut the screw thread in the motor correctly.

DJI should of renewed the motor / screws / props on you LHF arm.

In windy conditions I’m getting body hits on the right hand side as you look at the gimbal, screws and thread aren’t the issue, props have only done 3 flights. I stiffened the arms up with UHMW tape but that gave the AC harmonic issues and the Mini didn’t sound right at all, I removed the tape and operating noise went back to normal. I could see the prop movement of approx 6-8mm in hover and I did for the first time have evidence of prop touching (very minor and I was able to run my nail along the leading edge and correct the burr). I’ve since flown with motor covers with no issues all, will continue to monitor as I’m not a fan of the covers.
D1009817-BD41-4330-AA92-6D606749D68A.jpeg

Reactions: WooZie
What is your concern on the covers?
Temperature I guess, although the motors don’t seem to generate too much heat, however if you look at Mavic Air motors they are fairly closed off with props fitted. The second concern is just the potential to bend the props to a greater extent when stored.

These are my second set of cover by RCSTQ, they are very good quality in comparison to the Sunnylife (red) covers I originally purchased and subsequently returned. The beauty of these covers is you can really give the prop screws an engineers ‘nip’ without worry of stripping the motor tread., they do add approx. 3g to the Mini.

Reactions: WooZie
Adding 3g to the MM, and exceeding the FAA weight limit really defeats the purpose of the MM in the 1st place. May as well go thru the hassle of registration with an M2P.

Adding 3g to the MM, and exceeding the FAA weight limit really defeats the purpose of the MM in the 1st place. May as well go thru the hassle of registration with an M2P.
Registration of an m2p is a pretty simple process in the USA.
Not sure that I could classify as a hassle.

for me the attempt by DJI to circumvent the 250 g rules,while very commendable,has been somewhat of a disaster,with all the issues that have been experienced by the consumer or should i say us
there have been perhaps to many compromises made, in an attempt to keep the weight down ,and hopefully in time these issues can and will be addressed, and then the MM can take its rightful place in the mavic line up

Last edited:
for me the attempt by DJI to circumvent the 250 g rules,while very commendable,has been somewhat of a disaster,with all the issues that have been experienced by the consumer or should i say us
there have been perhaps to many compromises made, in an attempt to keep the weight down ,and hopefully in time these issues can and will be addressed, and then the MM can take its rightful place in the mavic line up
The thing is DJI are very well informed and up to speed regarding regulations and future proposals. They knew ESEA was coming, I don’t believe their product cycle is so long that they invested in the Mini prior to knowledge of the up and coming regulations here in Europe. I can only imagine this 1st generation Mini will be circumvented by a CE approved model in the summer, still 249g and sold without prop guards, sticker packs and all that crap in order to maintain a 249g maximum take off weight. It will be rebranded, certified and have additional low speed (tripod) mode to meet ESEA requirements.... it will still need to be registered here in the UK.

Reactions: old man mavic
Round two results. And I thought this was related to props and flexible front arms. Looks like some internal issues also?979907BC-900D-4273-8FD4-B10039657C8C.jpeg

@Starz if I can find the thread I will link it, but the other day I saw a thread on the gaps of the motor housings to the legs being different. so one motor would sit higher or lower than the other. might do some checking on this. also I have flown my MM a lot and I tend to not go vary easy, I fly it knowing that its not gonna do something its not capable of. but...…. the other night I took mine out of the hard case and saw just a tiny tiny bit pf dark spots on my arm and body but nothing on the props. Ugh DJI might be better off sending everyone M2P's "wishful thinking anyways"

I do think this gps/imu replacement is interesting. Why this little bugger smacks the left front prop just isn’t right. The spots where it hits is almost not noticeable and the very end of the prop suffers a very hard to see flaw.
I probably won’t be here when it gets delivered as I’m off to Mexico for an off-road race, so won’t be till next week when it goes back in the air.
If it still does the prop strike, I will at that time request a refund an be done with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan