DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pilot Institute or Drone Pilot Ground School?

charlesemoman

Reactions
I am looking at online courses to become Part 107 certified.
I know it can be a matter of simple preference, but . . . I am looking at Drone Pilot Ground School - $199 and Pilot Institute - $149.
Thoughts? Warnings?
TIA.

Lots of free online resources for self-study if you want to go that direction. That and a $5 iPhone app (Remote Pilot by Prepware) got me a 92 on the test.

Reactions: Coskier
You can get Pilot Institute for as low as $129 with some coupon codes. I found the PI course to be pretty in depth and prepared for any possible question the exam could put out there. I tried the online videos and delf study, but it wasn't working well with me. The $149 also becomes a tax deduction if you are earning income as a business.

Reactions: Jharryjim
Greg Reverdiau, co-owner and lead instructor at the Pilot Institute is excellent. The part 107 course covers everything imaginable and the course curriculum is first-class and in-depth. Pilot Institute has available free breakdown videos on many DJI drones as well. Greg is well respected in the industry and is extremely knowledgeable in other aviation areas. A first class course.

Any coupon codes for me?
RemotePilot101.com..normal $149, use code "Heron18" total cost is $104.30. The classes are extremely informative and not made just to pass a test, but make you learn the actual study material. They claim 18,000 test passed (more than anyone else as also claimed?) Not sure and not paid endorsement but just who I used, and also who I used for my recert. :) Good luck on future endeavors as a Cert 107 ;)

Can't recommend Pilot Institute enough. Almost all the other "courses" simply teach to the test and you will retain almost zero knowledge or at minimum not really understand what you are learning. Not so with PI. Greg is an excellent instructor and you will actually LEARN the material, not only what you need to know to pass the test, but WHY you need to know it and more. Was worth every penny. And he keeps the course up to date constantly so if you need to go back you will find additional info all the time.

Reactions: JCK1961
Greg and Pilot Institute are top notch. I have been very impressed!

I know it can be a matter of simple preference, but . . . I am looking at Drone Pilot Ground School - $199 and Pilot Institute - $149.
Thoughts? Warnings?
TIA.
uavgroundschoolcom Gold Seal online instruction was excellent. Check out their web site for pricing. These gents get my highest recommendation.

Reactions: BigAl07
RemotePilot101.com..normal $149, use code "Heron18" total cost is $104.30. The classes are extremely informative and not made just to pass a test, but make you learn the actual study material. They claim 18,000 test passed (more than anyone else as also claimed?) Not sure and not paid endorsement but just who I used, and also who I used for my recert. :) Good luck on future endeavors as a Cert 107 ;)
23,450 remote pilot trained as of this morning for us (93% average score on the exam) :)

I have done a middle-range amount of research on courses for the Part 107 test. I always hear about Pilot Institute, and all of the great reviews it has. I am about to pull the plug and sign up for this course. I am so excited to start learning more with this course and ultimately get certified.
Thanks for all the info.

Thoughts? Warnings?
TIA.
Pilot Institute, Hands Down. Industry known as the best.

Pilot Institute, Hands Down. Industry known as the best.
I completely agree! Sometimes I get tempted to take their 107 course, just because it seems to have so much good info, even though I got my 107 through the Part 61 route.

On the other hand...you might want to check the testing locations near you. If one company has a local testing facility, and another has a facility 100 miles away, that's important to consider.

TCS

I have done a middle-range amount of research on courses for the Part 107 test. I always hear about Pilot Institute, and all of the great reviews it has. I am about to pull the plug and sign up for this course. I am so excited to start learning more with this course and ultimately get certified.
Thanks for all the info.
Yeah I'm with you Dominic. I already signed up on the website last year and I've watch several videos on YT by Greg. He's an excellent presenter of the information and the site is well structured. However, it looks like Gold Seal is another highly recommended course.

I completely agree! Sometimes I get tempted to take their 107 course, just because it seems to have so much good info, even though I got my 107 through the Part 61 route.

On the other hand...you might want to check the testing locations near you. If one company has a local testing facility, and another has a facility 100 miles away, that's important to consider.

TCS
FAA testing is done by PSI. So it doesn't matter which Part 107 course you take.

Well, I just signed up for the course with Pilot institute. I'm kind of slow so I will be redoing the chapters until I get it ;-)

Congratulations. Good choice. Greg’s company supports the drone and fixed wing industry with passion. His free videos on their website are a plus too.

Reactions: Dark Horse
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga