DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PLEASE HELP w/ half black screen? Nexus 7-2013 w/ Mavic pro

DanielKoons

Reactions

I have tried everything and spent 4+ hours on this, please help. The phone I was running wasn't on the official device list and was a little glitchy, so I bought a Nexus 7-2013, which is on the list. It is glitch/artifacts/or something bad. I have tried the last 3 firmware versions, multiple SD cards, different USB cables, called DJI tech support 5+ times through the day, and I am at a loss. I have a friend with a similar setup, but we haven't had a chance to test swapping drones/remotes/devices yet.

Have you seen this? Any ideas? Please help.

DanielKoons

Reactions
Roll back DJI Go to 4.1.15 and turn off updates.

Nexus 7 for tablet

I have tried V01.04.0200 (and the newest V01.04.0300) and just downloaded V01.04.0100, and just about to fly to test.

Is there another way or numbering that I am missing? I am using the DJI Assistant 2. Thanks!

UPDATE: Of course its raining now, but I fired her up and haven't gotten the glitches as much, but I won't know for sure until I can actually fly it. Thanks, skadee, I will hope that fixes it.

Last edited:

skadee

Reactions
DJI Go 4, not DJI Assistant (Isn’t that the PC app?).

I have seen the same issues in Litchi, so it may not be related to the DJI App, but it all improved when I downgraded to 4.1.15

abadrs

Reactions
Is there another way to downgrade firmware or does it HAVE to be done with DJI assistant program on PC ?

abadrs

Reactions
I have set every app that is not being used to disabled. And it barely works. I need to figure out how to turn back firmware or set video to non HD
I guess my next question is won't DJI eventually force you to update firmware? Basically making the rollback only a temporary fix?

Update I rolled back one firmware and the screen is good again. I used the DJI assistant 2. It was VERY easy.

Last edited:

omnimodeus

Reactions
Recently I bought used Nexus 7 2013 on ebay and on first flight i had issues like in video (half screen black)...DJIGo4 .16 version
Came home and did factory reset and flashed CleanRom for Nexus...So i installed newest version from Google play store and problems are gone.
I flyed 5km, no problem with lagging
Sorry for my English

abadrs

Reactions
Recently I bought used Nexus 7 2013 on ebay and on first flight i had issues like in video (half screen black)...DJIGo4 .16 version
Came home and did factory reset and flashed CleanRom for Nexus...So i installed newest version from Google play store and problems are gone.
I flyed 5km, no problem with lagging
Sorry for my English
could you please explain how you did this? I have this tablet and mine will not take the update. Keeps failing. Thanks

omnimodeus

Reactions
update what? djigo4? normally, with goggle play store, but i don't have stock Rom on Nexus, i have CleanRom without bloatware. Just essential apps on it + DJIGo4

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supernova2