DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please school me on iPads

Can’t you change the file format you record in? I think in the FPV view of the Go4 app you can change the file format from MOV to MP4.

Can’t you change the file format you record in? I think in the FPV view of the Go4 app you can change the file format from MOV to MP4.

it's already set to MP4, but that's for the footage that gets recorded onto the sd card.

On the iPad, it gets saved as an MOV file regardless, so when I transfer either the small files w/audio or the screen recorded files to my PC, I first have to convert each file before editing them.

it's already set to MP4, but that's for the footage that gets recorded onto the sd card.

On the iPad, it gets saved as an MOV file regardless, so when I transfer either the small files w/audio or the screen recorded files to my PC, I first have to convert each file before editing them.

Yes that’s right. No way to change it in pre. Only afterwards.

OK, I've got some pretty interesting (and confusing) things going on.

Did a few test flights earlier today and for each flight, I recorded 3 ways

1) Hi-Res via SD card
2) Lo-Res via DJI App (w/audio)
3) Screen Record via iPad (w/audio)

Hi-Res records as it should (no/audio) and transfers fine to my PC via card reader

Lo-Res records as it should (w/audio) and transfers fine to my PC via lightning cable

Thing is, it plays fine with the player I'm using (WMP Classic), but when I try to drag and drop the file to my editing software's timeline (Vegas Pro 12), it says the file is not compatible :oops:

I don't have a stand alone video converter, so as a quick and dirty test, I uploaded the file as is to YouTube, then downloaded it from YouTube and magically I was able to drag and drop the file onto my editing timeline (long process, but it works)

Screen Record records as it should (w/audio) and transfers fine to my PC via lightning cable, but I've found that when I try to play the file using my player (WMP Classic), there's no audio :confused:

It plays fine (w/audio) on the iPad itself, but after the transfer, no audio.

Now, when I drag and drop that file onto my editing timeline, it works just fine with audio (no need to convert file on YouTube)

Also, there appears to be two separate audio tracks on the timeline (one for iPad mic audio and one for DJI App audio)

screenshot.jpg

The dual tracks are pretty neat as I can adjust the audio as I wish to reduce unwanted prop noise, but any idea why I'm not able to drag and drop the original Lo-Res file onto my timeline without converting through YouTube while the iPad's screen recording drag and drops just fine?

Reactions: TheLightSpeed!
No sweat Rick, I’ve been doing iOS since it first came out in 2007. I’ve done lots of programming jailbreaking and just general testing on everything iOS. So usually I’m a good resource for at least that.
Is there an easy way to roll back to previous ios from 11?just curios,seems some people are having some compatibility issues

Ok, one thing I've noticed is that I only get the 30m/50m limit pop up when using the iPad

Tried switching back to my Note Edge and I don't get any pop ups :oops:

Just switched back to the iPad and sure enough, there it was again :confused:

What gives?

I used iOS 11 today and it was perfect. Of course I still have the old DJI GO4 app.
I;m running 4.0.6 go 4,had my first gimbal go haywire yesterday,very scary for a couple seconds,it only lasted about 10 secs total and all was well

OK, I had to make two videos because for some reason, I'm not able to match the overlay for the screen data when rendering to in HD

And when I'm able to actually match it, I have to render it in low quality settings (weird)

Still trying to figure this out, but I'll probably have to hit the Vegas forums.

As you can see, it's definitely not in beginner mode.

First off, I have to say I despise Apple products, but mainly because I don't have any :oops:

Never had an iPod, iPhone, iPad, etc., although, I did use an old iMac G3 for target practice o_O

I'm currently using my Samsung Note Edge and although it shows virtually zero lag, the app has shut down in flight on numerous occasions :oops:

I'd like to get a dedicated tablet with a larger display and from what I've read, the iPad mini is the way to go, so I guess I'l be going to the dark side ;)

Thing is, a new Mini4 is well above my price range and I'm not sure if the lower models will be enough for my needs :confused:

I set my budget at around $120 and have seen several Mini2/16GB/Wifi models going for that on EBay.

Has anyone here experienced any lag, app crashing or other issues with this model?

Do I really need for than 16GB?

What exactly do I lose by going with a Wifi only mini as opposed to a cellular mini?

On the cellular models, can I just pop in any sim card or is it Apple/cell provider specific?
One thing in general is the DJI GO app is MUCH more stable with Apple products. With my Samsung 7, I get crashes, and I've seen it switch to portrait mode, just a horror show. And to make it connect you have to play games. I have an IPad 2 cellular and GPS, I forget how much memory and it works like a charm.

When I surf the web at home the IPad is highly virus and malware resistant, so I use it. Especially on non-mainstream sites.

One thing in general is the DJI GO app is MUCH more stable with Apple products. With my Samsung 7, I get crashes, and I've seen it switch to portrait mode, just a horror show. And to make it connect you have to play games. I have an IPad 2 cellular and GPS, I forget how much memory and it works like a charm.

When I surf the web at home the IPad is highly virus and malware resistant, so I use it. Especially on non-mainstream sites.

The iPad is 100% virus preventative! Being close sourced Apple products don’t need the security!

Bypassed easily if the original password can be obtained. I would pass due to the likelihood that it is stolen or a lost/found that was never returned to the original owner.
Any iPad can be unlocked by using iTunes on your computer only,,,, you have to Reset it back to Factory Specs. iPhone is different, iPhone cannot be unlocked. Just search YouTube or the web for a locked iPad and forgotten password. My company use's iPads and iPhones and I am the IT Tech, just unlocked a couple iPad Air 2's with unknown passwords.

Reactions: L.L.
Sooooo, my first Apple product has worked flawlessly right up until I dropped it on the ice last night :eek:

Still works fine, but the edge is spider chipped and there are a few nearly invisible circular cracks on the main screen :(

Been researching the cost of getting the screen repaired and it just isn't worth it considering how much I paid to begin with :confused:

However, it is still under the factory warranty until next wonth :oops:

I've read where folks have had their iPads/iPhones replaced for hardware/software/battery defects under warranty, even when there were severe cosmetic issues (like a busted screen or case), but in my case, it's still working fine :confused:

Is there anyway around this (hint hint, wink wink)? :rolleyes:

Apple care covers screen damage up to two times, but I don't have it, only the limited warranty :(

Thing is, they usually swap out complete units for non-cosmetic issues (hardware/software/battery/etc.)

The question is, how can I get my perfectly working iPad to have these issues? ;)

Apple care covers screen damage up to two times, but I don't have it, only the limited warranty :(

Thing is, they usually swap out complete units for non-cosmetic issues (hardware/software/battery/etc.)

The question is, how can I get my perfectly working iPad to have these issues? ;)
I have no Idea how to do that, even if there is now a hardware or battery issue they would probably not cover it due to seeing it has been neglected (dropped and jarred). Best to just find a local company to replace the screen. Next time for $99 You really should buy the extended warranty, sorry! $99 is cheap compaired to a $500 Replacement.

I also purchase a ULAK protection case that covers the whole Ipad Mini 4, you can find them for around $10 to $20 on Amazon....https://www.amazon.com/ULAK-Full-bo...6470975&sr=8-5&keywords=ulak+ipad+mini+4+case

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica