DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please school me on iPads

Snake Eater
I am an Apple Guy, you can use 1.0/2.1Amp usb charger. set up procedure is pretty straight forward. you will have to set up an iTunes account if you don't have one. Should be lot more stable then Android devices. It is too big to clamp into the controller so you will need an iPad cradle. there are a few video's about using a full size iPad. Suggest you check them out. If you don't have a Sprint subscription, you can use it with out cellular. Just WiFi, lots of posts and video's as to how to do that too. If you have any questions I am receptive to you sending me PMs. Jim

BTW iOS 11 was release yesterday. I am currently downing loading it to my phone. Will wait and see how it goes before I update my Mini4. What I have read so far there shouldn't be a compatibility problem, I also am running the most current GO4 and FW versions. To windy to try it out today, maybe by this evening I can. will let you know how it all goes.

Last edited:
Snake Eater
I am an Apple Guy, you can use 1.0/2.1Amp usb charger.

That's good, one less thing...

set up procedure is pretty straight forward. you will have to set up an iTunes account if you don't have one.

Is this a requirement even if I don't use itunes?

Whenever I wan't music, I just download it from YouTube

It is too big to clamp into the controller so you will need an iPad cradle. there are a few video's about using a full size iPad. Suggest you check them out.

I already have a Skyreat adjustable mount on order.

If you don't have a Sprint subscription, you can use it with out cellular. Just WiFi, lots of posts and video's as to how to do that too.

The seller claims that it's unlocked for any GSM Sim

That being said, I never planned on using it, just the built in GPS

BTW iOS 11 was release yesterday. I am currently downing loading it to my phone. Will wait and see how it goes before I update my Mini4. What I have read so far there shouldn't be a compatibility problem, I also am running the most current GO4 and FW versions. To windy to try it out today, maybe by this evening I can. will let you know how it all goes.

I'm always leery when it comes to new firmware.

Usually I wait until I know for sure there aren't any issues or just stick with what works.

the iTunes account will let you down load Apps, including the GO4 and UAV forecast apps etc.

I don't do music either.

the unlocked GMS only means that you can suppose buy a cellular plan from any GSM provider. Not sure how that all works, since I have a Verizon Plan. just do a search on "unlocked iPad Air" there is a good article in PCmag.com that takes about it.

As far as updates go, So far "knock on wood" I have not had any problems with the update process or with the FW and Apps updates themselves. But you need to do what you are comfortable with. I read the forums, listen to what people have to say and also what they aren't saying, and make my decision. Some have experience and some don't. Just know, that once you make your decision you are making it with all the best information you have at the time. There is never a right or wrong decision.

Eventually I will buy a device that I can dedicate to the Mavic's operation and keep it on firmware that I trust. I'll just keep it offline so I'll only need the wifi version.

Apple updates are generally flawless compared to 99% of FW updates. I generally don't sweat a update at all
Yes i agree on that
But OTA update sometimes carry over a bug(s) from before that's why it is good to restore your ipad/iphone once in a while

And there is still this thing called planned obsolescence, apple is good with this
Update....boom....your device suddenly become noticeably slower

just returning my mini 4 wifi only to get cellular version so I can use all functoins of mavic and safty reasons of return to rc,want to have every available option to get my mavic home,lol

I wasn't expecting it until next week, but it arrived today :)

Didn't realize how tiny these things were.

I'm actually glad I got this one instead of the mini

Can't say it was well packaged (I expected more than just a single layer of bubble wrap), so I made and un-boxing video just in case.

This thing is absolutely MINT!!

Created an account, DL'd the app and now I'm actually updating (my cousin knows more about these things than me and said to go ahead and just do it)

It's at about 75% done right now, so we'll see how it goes.

OK, it took a little while (and a couple of YouTube videos) for me to realize the short cable can't be connected at the same time as the USB cable (oops), but the app seems to work fine and the view is excellent :)

Only snag I have is that with my Android, when I record footage, it gets saved to my phone and I can open it up with the video player.

On the iPad, I don't know where to find it :confused:

I can replay it from the app itself when the MP is connected, but once it shuts off, the play button on the app goes dim and does nothing.

Where are the recorded files saved?

did you turn on feature on ios11?you have to do that then start record from home screen,then it saves to pics

did you turn on feature on ios11?you have to do that then start record from home screen,then it saves to pics

Umm, nope

How do I go about doing that?

Btw, Skyreat mount just came in :)

Feels awesome flying with a big screen :cool:

Is there a way to get it work like it does on Android?

I only use the footage on the sd card for actual editing, but it's nice to be able to view what I've shot conveniently from my phone without having to connect to the MP.

Don't think so,apple uses internal storage,and screen record saves everything on screen,android is better with there system,but I don't like their reliability

Is there a way to get it work like it does on Android?

I only use the footage on the sd card for actual editing, but it's nice to be able to view what I've shot conveniently from my phone without having to connect to the MP.

Yes! These guys are telling you all wrong....

They're telling you how to screen record.

If you want your phone to cache the video you can see it in the Go4 app. After all recordings it saves them and you can download to the device.

Just like android or better.

The Go app records a lower res copy to the device (but still really good) and the high res to the SD card.

we weren't telling him all wrong,he has to get his pics and video from sd card,which is different than android,tell me how to do that with apple

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest