DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please school me on iPads

we weren't telling him all wrong,he has to get his pics and video from sd card,which is different than android,tell me how to do that with apple

The Go app keeps a lower resolution erosion of all photos and videos on your phone that can easily be selected and downloaded to your device in a second.

Reactions: rickw
For example -
7221d04f71dbaeda5eec1a3b5d336ea3.jpg

This is UNDER EDITOR in your app!

287757e57acfbacfecf5df84261ed3e0.jpg

Then hit MANAGE - and select the photos or videos you'd like-

7a4966a56a36edea5fff52118d6694ef.jpg

Then the download button and viola! You have your photos and videos on your device!

Screen recording is totally different!

we weren't telling him all wrong,he has to get his pics and video from sd card,which is different than android,tell me how to do that with apple

I seriously rarely take photos and videos off my SD card. I use the ones on the phone, and if I need a high resolution version I download them directly from the SD card on the Mavic to my device.

You can do that too! Technically unlike the old days, you really don't have to take the card out.

just tried every vid and photo and it says failed to save file,looks like mavic has to be turned on to download original content

Thank you very much from a complete noob to IOS

No sweat Rick, I’ve been doing iOS since it first came out in 2007. I’ve done lots of programming jailbreaking and just general testing on everything iOS. So usually I’m a good resource for at least that.

Yes! These guys are telling you all wrong....

They're telling you how to screen record.

If you want your phone to cache the video you can see it in the Go4 app. After all recordings it saves them and you can download to the device.

Just like android or better.

The Go app records a lower res copy to the device (but still really good) and the high res to the SD card.

Yes, I believe you have it, sir (sortof) Thumbswayup

I was able to transfer the shot footage onto my iPad and into the photo file, however, it took quite a long time to do so :oops:

This meant leaving the MP connected for about 7 minutes to transfer a short 5 minute flight :confused:

With my Android, it records the flight onto my phone the instant I hit record using the app.

Here's screen shot footage:

*note: for some reason, I lost audio as soon as I turned on the app, then got it back when I shut it down*

At about ~4:50, I chose a file in the app and downloaded it (I actually sped up the download process in editing....it actually took about 7 minutes total)

Afterwards, I was able to find it in my photo file and play it without the app, but the whole added step seems to be a pain in the arse when compared to the Android (not to mention the battery life lost during the download)

The Go app keeps a lower resolution erosion of all photos and videos on your phone that can easily be selected and downloaded to your device in a second.

wait, I missed this part.

How do I get to the lower res versions? (didn't see them when the app was running)

Any of the clips I chose seemed to take forever, not just a second :confused:

OK, playing with it in my kitchen right now and this is what I notice:

Audio is able to record to the cache, but can only be replayed when using the app (with the MP on and connected)

When I transfer the file(s) either by wireless downloading or directly off of the sd card, all I get is video, no audio :confused:

If I use the screen capture, just like in the video I posted, the audio works fine, then craps out as soon as I turn on the Go app.

Once the app shuts down, I get audio again

How do I keep the audio?

Audio is able to record to the cache, but can only be replayed when using the app (with the MP on and connected)

When I transfer the file(s) either by wireless downloading or directly off of the sd card, all I get is video, no audio :confused:

If I use the screen capture, just like in the video I posted, the audio works fine, then craps out as soon as I turn on the Go app.

How do I keep the audio?

I made a video JUST FOR YOU! Lol! [emoji8][emoji8]
I've just uploaded a movie to YouTube!
You can check it out here:

As for Audio? So just so you know the Mavic doesn’t record ANY AUDIO! So while filming, it doesn’t record audio.

Now screen recordings will record the audio I believe but the Mavic doesn’t. When you live stream, it will record audio but it’s recording from you phone

How do I keep the audio?

I’ve never heard any audio from the Mavic before. Only on live stream!

I made a video JUST FOR YOU! Lol! [emoji8][emoji8]
I've just uploaded a movie to YouTube!
You can check it out here:

As for Audio? So just so you know the Mavic doesn’t record ANY AUDIO! So while filming, it doesn’t record audio.

Now screen recordings will record the audio I believe but the Mavic doesn’t. When you live stream, it will record audio but it’s recording from you phone

Thanks for the video :)

I'm not able to see it yet (I guess it's still processing), but yeah, I know about the audio being recorded from the iPad's mic and not from the Mavic itself (it would be pretty useless with all the prop noise)

The audio sync from the iPad seems to work quite well as it recorded conversations I had with others while watching me fly :cool:

Thing is, only being able to view the footage with audio with the app running kinda sucks :(

How to I transfer that same footage with audio to the iPad so I can view it without the app?

OK, I was just able to watch the video, but hit a road block at just 20 seconds in :oops:

When I open up the DJI app, I don't see a "media" button on the bottom, only the following:

1) Equipment
2) Editor
3) Skypixel
4) Me

ohsnapmavic.jpg

When I click on "Editor", I see one of my clips, but when I click on it, it plays some random music track :confused:

I got it!! I got it!! :)

With the DJI app open (not connected to MP), click on "Editor", then "Album" and the video is in there w/audio :cool:

To download, I just followed your video, hit "Manage", clicked on the video, then the download icon.

Now it's in my photo file and plays w/audio :D

Thanks for the help!!

I got it!! I got it!! :)

With the DJI app open (not connected to MP), click on "Editor", then "Album" and the video is in there w/audio :cool:

To download, I just followed your video, hit "Manage", clicked on the video, then the download icon.

Now it's in my photo file and plays w/audio :D

Thanks for the help!!

Oh good! Glad I can help! Let me know if you need anything else!

OK, one last thing (well, at least for tonight lol)

Is there a way to save these smaller files as MP4's instead of MOV files?

My editing software isn't very MOV friendly, so before I can edit these smaller clips, I have to convert them to AVI, MP4, WMV, etc. (anything except for an MOV), then I'm able to edit without issue.

OK, one last thing (well, at least for tonight lol)

Is there a way to save these smaller files as MP4's instead of MOV files?

My editing software isn't very MOV friendly, so before I can edit these smaller clips, I have to convert them to AVI, MP4, WMV, etc. (anything except for an MOV), then I'm able to edit without issue.

I fly mostly for distance, and occasional photos and movies as things warrant it.

So that’s out of my wheel house for sure! Sorry.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes