DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poor image quality

Hi everyone,

I found myself here looking for a solution to my low image quality pictures of my new M4P. I have read the entire thread and will attempt to make some changes on my end to see if I can produce better quality pictures.

However, the default auto mode so far has produced some really bad picture quality even in RAW. Something is not "Autoing" correctly by the sounds of it. Last night I took a picture and it came out really bad. I also did a few hyperlapse's and those pictures are in jpg format....they looked MUCH better. They were not of the same subject or distance. So that tells me the M4P can take good pictures I just need to learn how to do it. I wish Auto would just work like on my phones but if I need to learn manual methods so be it.

If I find myself unable to improve my image quality I will come back for some education and help. :)

EDIT: my pictures look like the OP's currently.

Just make sure you're actually working with the full resolution images that were saved to either internal storage or SD card on the drone.

People keep getting bitten by the low-res thumbnails that are generated with the more recent models, something that I don't remember being an issue with older models like the Mavic Pro.

Just make sure you're actually working with the full resolution images that were saved to either internal storage or SD card on the drone.

People keep getting bitten by the low-res thumbnails that are generated with the more recent models, something that I don't remember being an issue with older models like the Mavic Pro.
Hm thank you for pointing out that I am looking at 8MB jpegs and 20MB raw thumbnails 😀

just came back today from a drone shoot with the mini4pro and when i looked at the still on my PC screen i could just cry. the still image quality is POOR

You should sell it. Why keep using it if the results don't meet your standards?

just came back today from a drone shoot with the mini4pro and when i looked at the still on my PC screen i could just cry. the still image quality is POOR
Can you upload some examples to Google Drive or equivalent and post a link?

Can you upload some examples to Google Drive or equivalent and post a link?
here you go - hope it works - the entire enchilada. raw and jpeg
i think best to focus on DJI_20240821115111_0424_D.xxx because it has the track on it - all fussy

i added 2 mini2 pics not from the same area, the one with the short filename - so crispy leaves - love it

20240821 Drawbridge drone M4P

here you go - hope it works - the entire enchilada. raw and jpeg
i think best to focus on DJI_20240821115111_0424_D.xxx because it has the track on it - all fussy

i added 2 mini2 pics not from the same area, the one with the short filename - so crispy leaves - love it
I really can't see a problem with those.
You complain about a lack of sharpness but keep shooting distant soft vegetation which will always look soft.
Look at your photo 433 which has some hard detail that's not off in the distance and it looks acceptably sharp.

I really can't see a problem with those.
You complain about a lack of sharpness but keep shooting distant soft vegetation which will always look soft.
Look at your photo 433 which has some hard detail that's not off in the distance and it looks acceptably sharp.
you are right the vegetation looks soft due to lack of resolution but it does not look soft in the mini2 pics. i will try to repeat the same shots with mini2 in the next days.
also on the train track you cannot make out individual stones easily - all one smear.

now here is a surprise to me. this is the old mini2 left jpeg right raw. the raw looks really bad and i do not know how to make the raw look like the jpeg. look the color histograms are completely different. that seems to require quite a processing. especially the raw looks super fuzzy compared to the jpeg. but the jpeg is really crisp so maybe the mini4 pro raw can be processed in a better way too.

1724299886673.png

you are right the vegetation looks soft due to lack of resolution but it does not look soft in the mini2 pics.
Your Mini 2 has the same resolution as the Mini 4 so a lack of resolution would affect both equally.
You can't complain that the 4 isn't as good as the 2, unless you take he same shots with both cameras in the same lighting conditions.
also on the train track you cannot make out individual stones easily - all one smear.
Can't make out individual stones?
All a smear?
You need to get new glasses.
i-37sPW9t-X2.jpg

now here is a surprise to me. this is the old mini2 left jpeg right raw. the raw looks really bad and i do not know how to make the raw look like the jpeg. look the color histograms are completely different. that seems to require quite a processing. especially the raw looks super fuzzy compared to the jpeg. but the jpeg is really crisp so maybe the mini4 pro raw can be processed in a better way too.

View attachment 177158
The histograms are different because the lighting is different.
It's probably a good idea for you to forget about shooting and processing raw for now.
You are just confusing yourself more with them.

That particular image is blurry, yes. Probably because of some focus error, since most of the others looks just as one would expect from the small sensor with a mediocre lens at full open aperture. Sharp in the center, blurry at the edges and corners. Just like most wideangle lenses at open aperture.

you are right the vegetation looks soft due to lack of resolution but it does not look soft in the mini2 pics. i will try to repeat the same shots with mini2 in the next days.

View attachment 177158
If you can only see a smear on the rail track, and not individual stones, then maybe the problem is with your sight.
I have 15% vision impairment and can see the stones clearly, all the other shots I looked at seemed fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
熊大熊二